Swytch Go

rtucker88

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Hey guys,

I have one of these on order and maybe spending sometime abroad, I was wondering if anyone would know how to increase the speed on these to the US laws? I don't think you can easily change these like the air and max, any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks!

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I am not quite sure what your expectations are. You can't make 500W motor out of Swytch kit. You bought Citroen Ami... can't make 4x4 pickup truck out of it.

Why did you order Swytch in first place?

rtucker88

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Well the swytch air and max can be increased in speed so it is definitely a legitimate question, why answer the thread if you are just going to be negative, so weird. Thanks anyway.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Well the swytch air and max can be increased in speed so it is definitely a legitimate question, why answer the thread if you are just going to be negative, so weird. Thanks anyway.
I just have legitimate doubts about your idea of unrestricting bike and then taking it on a plane to USA. Or you planning to take kit only and to convert bike there?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hey guys,

I have one of these on order and maybe spending sometime abroad, I was wondering if anyone would know how to increase the speed on these to the US laws? I don't think you can easily change these like the air and max, any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks!
If only you had asked before buying the kit. There are much better options for other stuff. The kit is pretty limited in what it can do.

rtucker88

Just Joined
Mar 18, 2024
If only you had asked before buying the kit. There are much better options for other stuff. The kit is pretty limited in what it can do.
Tbh I think it's a great option, minimal cables, 60 mile range and they keep the bike looking good compared to other devices, I just wanted to see if it was possible to increase the speed like you can on the air and max.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Are you sure about that? Swytch claim that in the UK/EU it’s coded at 15.2mph max.

peterjd

Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2019
What was the charge for the upgrade to the '60 mile' range and do they quote the capacity of the upgraded battery? Thanks Peter

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Tbh I think it's a great option, minimal cables, 60 mile range and they keep the bike looking good compared to other devices, I just wanted to see if it was possible to increase the speed like you can on the air and max.
Swytch is an ok option - I’ve got three swytch-moded bikes in my family of various types. Best suited to my wife, who just wants to sling on a battery and pootle around a bit. Downsides are, you pay at least twice as much as you need to, you can’t get spares easily, the quoted range is only if you use it sparsely on minimum setting - which is really only compensating for the weight you’ve added to the bike when fitting it. For 60 read 30…

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Kits don't have ranges. It's you that provides the range by how hard you pedal. You should be able to get infinite range by switching it off. If you can't get that, something is wrong with either your installation or your physical ability.