The new best headlight

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my action cam is naff in low light but it goes further than my other light.

the lens is lots better tho at throwing the beam, both around the same power tho.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
my action cam is naff in low light but it goes further than my other light.

the lens is lots better tho at throwing the beam, both around the same power tho.
Only winding you up after all the time and effort you put in setting it up.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Only winding you up after all the wasted time and wasted effort you put in setting it up.
Thankfully with SW on ignore I can't see any of that crap, but in any event.... I'd rather be out actually riding a bike off road at night using a reliable set up, than staying indoors trying to achieve something that can be bettered for less than a tenner. See D8veh thread starter. http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/the-new-best-headlight.25228/

All that doomed effort just to ride on a poxy public footpath!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gringo and chris_n

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Thankfully I can't see it, but in any event.... I'd rather be out actually riding a bike off road at night using a reliable set up, than staying indoors trying to achieve something that can be bettered for less than a tenner. See D8veh thread starter. http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/the-new-best-headlight.25228/

All that crap and effort just ride on a poxy footpath!
yet you use shite fake cells to run ur lights pmsl at least i have made my own battery pack with adjustable voltage and got parts on order to even make my own light with more high power leds.

at the end of the day you are just a boring old fart and a slow one at that as well ;)

• Dislike
Reactions: Gringo

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
All that doomed effort just ride on a poxy public footpath!
i took it to its limit just for you as you will never see it haha.

DSC_0565.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: awol

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I have found trying to find and press the flat buttons is difficult when wearing gloves and continue cycling, so came up with a solution to punch/cut tiny bits of thick plastic rubbish and superglue onto the buttons. Different thickness for each button so is easy to find through thick gloves in the dark.
et voila.
DSCN0081.JPG

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it has stopped working then the led and the driver will be toast so not much point tbh.

did the seller give you a refund?

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
they might have glued it on mind and that white stuff is a pita to remove as heat resistant as well.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
View attachment 16159 bugger it i thought i got it the wrong way round after i paid for it lol.

the new light is more focused better lens but brightness wise there both the same.

i got some 18650 cell holders coming so can use 4 cells and then use the step down converter for that. ;)

this is what the cree uses power wise
Quick question . . How much do the genuine Panasonic batteries weigh.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the spec says 48.5g ill weigh one in a bit but just have kitchen scales so might be out a bit.

• Useful

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0571.JPG

• Informative

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
the spec says 48.5g ill weigh one in a bit but just have kitchen scales so might be out a bit.
Thanks . . I ordered D8veh's new best headlight which has now arrived and followed your recommendation for the batteries and battery box which have been delivered this week. So would like to compare the battery weight as a difference in weight would indicate them as being fakes.

• Useful

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah you can sort of tell buy the waight but the only way for sure is to discharge test them but they should be fine tho ;)