The Roaming Radrunner - The Sibson Surprise!

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Why not Ride Rad? Not spam Just fact!
If you have a pedelec problem, question or even opinion this is a great place to post, and will get a friendly helpful and generally productive response..

Its not as if you 'turned up to the party in Black face' , but not the best entrance..

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
If I'm honest, the video was a little boring. Maybe explain something about the bike - what you see as its good points and bad points and show some pictures of it. Also, a bit of narration about the bike. This is an ebike forum rather than a pub-guide forum. I didn't see it as spam. It might have been better to show one of your videos that was more about the bike, though as a new member immediately shilling a particular bike or brand, there's always going to be a suspicion of spam.

• Agree
Reactions: Peran and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If I'm honest, the video was a little boring. Maybe explain something about the bike - what you see as its good points and bad points and show some pictures of it. Also, a bit of narration about the bike. This is an ebike forum rather than a pub-guide forum. I didn't see it as spam. It might have been better to show one of your videos that was more about the bike, though as a new member immediately shilling a particular bike or brand, there's always going to be a suspicion of spam.
Yes, I found it boring too, we aren't really a general Vlog platform. Not much point in promoting Rad Power class two mopeds here anyway, since with all sorts of legal and technical problems they're pulled right out of Europe to only trade in the USA now, closing their Netherlands office.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peran

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I didn't see it as spam.
Content totally irrelevant to this forum. Somebody just trying to get more YouTube views as there is no other way people would watch it. It is like a 5 years old who just got a GoPro for his birthday.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Hi Guys
Please see attached link for latest Vlog:
Ride Rad!
It isn't easy getting Youtube's algorithm to push one's video at users. Key factors include the average percentage of your video watched, and whether viewers both like and subscribe - these factors are recognised by Youtube's algorithm as viewer "satisfaction", and the more satisfied viewers are, the more often your video will be presented as an option to other viewers, and included in Youtube's autoplay playlists. Generally speaking, posting videos on forums as a means of promotion on Youtube makes no difference.

Sometimes your Youtube video can be viewed a fair bit for mysterious reasons, like this one of mine for example, which I won't be linking here or anywhere else, because that's proven to be utterly useless - it'll hit 10k views tomorrow. Why? I have no idea. Here's the analytics page, note traffic sources: 95% from Youtube's suggestion algorithm. 20 viewers have both liked and subscribed because of this video, it's received more likes than spurred subscription signups. Nothing happened for a month... now for whatever mysterious reason, it gets about 250 views a day. It's just 45 seconds of one of my boring bike rides, with part of one of my music tracks. Despite how it looks, it took an i7 4790 PC with 16gb of RAM 14 hours to render while I was working on other things, then it crashed, hence only 45 seconds. It was supposed to be 2.5 minutes :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
Hi Guerney - Thanks for the YouTube algorithm info, my Vlogs are not what anyone would call exciting! And the whole reason for doing a YouTube Vlog in the very first place, was to show my 2 sprogs (all grown up) where there father used to roam as a sprog myself. Thanks again for the info. Ride Rad

Reactions: guerney

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wouldn't waste my time watching just to get someone a like and earn money.

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
Hi Saneagle - You are quite correct - my Vlogs are not spam! Hopefully, if I get un-banned, I will be able to show at least 2 Vlogs on the Radrunner itself. Thanks for the input.

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
Yes, I found it boring too, we aren't really a general Vlog platform. Not much point in promoting Rad Power class two mopeds here anyway, since with all sorts of legal and technical problems they're pulled right out of Europe to only trade in the USA now, closing their Netherlands office.
Hi Flecc - Appreciate the input, the fact that you can still purchase a new RadRunner is important for a lot of potential e bikers, I have no complaints about my RadRuinner, still the coolest looking e bike that I have seen. Ride Rad

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
Content totally irrelevant to this forum. Somebody just trying to get more YouTube views as there is no other way people would watch it. It is like a 5 years old who just got a GoPro for his birthday.
So content about e bikes is irrelevant? Surely getting a GoPro at any ages is relevant? Ride Rad

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It isn't easy getting Youtube's algorithm to push one's video at users. Key factors include the average percentage of your video watched, and whether viewers both like and subscribe - these factors are recognised by Youtube's algorithm as viewer "satisfaction", and the more satisfied viewers are, the more often your video will be presented as an option to other viewers, and included in Youtube's autoplay playlists. Generally speaking, posting videos on forums as a means of promotion on Youtube makes no difference.

Sometimes your Youtube video can be viewed a fair bit for mysterious reasons, like this one of mine for example, which I won't be linking here or anywhere else, because that's proven to be utterly useless - it'll hit 10k views tomorrow. Why? I have no idea. Here's the analytics page, note traffic sources: 95% from Youtube's suggestion algorithm. 20 viewers have both liked and subscribed because of this video, it's received more likes than spurred subscription signups. Nothing happened for a month... now for whatever mysterious reason, it gets about 250 views a day. It's just 45 seconds of one of my boring bike rides, with part of one of my music tracks. Despite how it looks, it took an i7 4790 PC with 16gb of RAM 14 hours to render while I was working on other things, then it crashed, hence only 45 seconds. It was supposed to be 2.5 minutes :rolleyes:

View attachment 56805
You need to up your game. One of my YouTube vids got 183,000 views.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Hi Flecc - Appreciate the input, the fact that you can still purchase a new RadRunner is important for a lot of potential e bikers, I have no complaints about my RadRuinner, still the coolest looking e bike that I have seen. Ride Rad
You seem to have missed @flecc's point entirely: As reported in the press last year (here for example), you WONT be able to buy any new Rad bikes in the UK or EU from this year (2024) as they've decided to withdraw entirely from these markets.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Wouldn't waste my time watching just to get someone a like and earn money.
Clint Eastwood doesn't either. Famously tight with likes is Clint.

You need to up your game. One of my YouTube vids got 183,000 views.
Your video must have been useful, interesting, or both - mine is neither, because the last thing I want is to become famous, unless there's lots of chicks. That sudden and shocking development was an accident, and I hope it stops being viewed soon.

Hi Guerney - Thanks for the YouTube algorithm info, my Vlogs are not what anyone would call exciting! And the whole reason for doing a YouTube Vlog in the very first place, was to show my 2 sprogs (all grown up) where there father used to roam as a sprog myself. Thanks again for the info. Ride Rad
I make videos for my family, to show how unsuccessful and inept I am at everything, so they don't ask for money. My plan is working well. If you want to store your rad roaming memories long term, Youtube won't last - you need mdisc archival storage, which is good for a zillion years or something. CD/DVD/BDROMs will fade, and need copying onto new discs every few years. You'd be amazed at how many people ask me to try unblanking their suddenly blank CD/DVD/BDROMs because their precious photos and videos have become gone forevermore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-DISC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/m-disc/s?k=m-disc

p.s. I initially thought rad riding meant you froze round radishes, placed a flat board on top and rode the board. Your onroad roaming range and speed was puzzling, until I realised a vehicle was following behind you scooping up the frozen radishes as your board rolled over them, to rapidly freeze in liquid nitrogen and shoot into a funnel to the right of your board off camera, to feed back under the board and keep you rolling... then it dawned on me you were talking about an ebike. "The Sibson Suprise" sounds like a Dr.Who episode, invasion by Sibsonic aliens.

Last edited: