Torque washer on cyclotricty front kit

Meroe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2016
Hi,
In process of fitting cyclotricity front wheel conversion kit. The torque washer with the small projection?. Does it go in so that the projection is against the metal (ie bottom of the U of the drop out) or does it go so that the projection is (away) from the forks, ie wheel spindle then axle projection nearest to the outside world.

Thanks

C

Cyclezee

Hi,
In process of fitting cyclotricity front wheel conversion kit. The torque washer with the small projection?. Does it go in so that the projection is against the metal (ie bottom of the U of the drop out) or does it go so that the projection is (away) from the forks, ie wheel spindle then axle projection nearest to the outside world.

Thanks
Hi Meroe,

It might be worth investing in a set of torque arms for under £10 you can have peace of mind.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262310664331?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Hi,

Thanks
It's not very clear from the fitting instructions, I queried this with Cyclotricity when I fitted mine and it's the projection to go at the open end.
I had to do a bit of very careful filing of the forks to get the axle central in the slot, there's a thread about this somewhere on here.
Here's a picture of John's excellent torque arm fitted to mine, well worth it in my opinion for extra strength and peace of mind.
Dave.

Reactions: Cyclezee

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Meroe, why not come back and tell us how you went on.
It can be helpful to folk with similar problems.:)
Dave.

Meroe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2016
Hi,
Have fitted torque washers supplied with cylotricity kit with lug furthest from U of bolt, and all seems well. Also, a bit of Googling suggested torque arms only really essential with 500W or higher power motors.
Will make sure I check wheel nuts before and after each ride.
Thanks all for advice.

Reactions: D C