* * * Tour De Presteigne 2009 Details * * *

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
. . . It's getting nearer and no one seems too excited about it on here:(
. . . Mused Brian despondently, as he peeped out from behind curtains that are protecting him from the worst snow storms the country is experiencing in over 20 years.

God you're tough Brian. My mum has telephoned to say I can't go out until the snow and ice clears up.

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
Hope this is not going to be a sign of being too exciting but I have already booked nearby accommodation.

Last year I went around the rally on the Sunday sporting "John Of Cambridge" on the back of the Wisper. If anyone sees me this coming year do stop and introduce yourselves before or after the rallye!

If any of the Lycra's are reading, do keep it a fun event - too much seriousness in order to get publicity for your machine takes away the fun element

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Hope this is not going to be a sign of being too exciting but I have already booked nearby accommodation.

Last year I went around the rally on the Sunday sporting "John Of Cambridge" on the back of the Wisper. If anyone sees me this coming year do stop and introduce yourselves before or after the rallye!

If any of the Lycra's are reading, do keep it a fun event - too much seriousness in order to get publicity for your machine takes away the fun element
I agree the main rally should be a fun event, and the lycra's should be given their own race,allowing fun riders and serious racers in the same event along narrow streets,with some tight bends is an accident waiting to happen.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Again please excuse my ignorance but what is a "lycra"??:confused:

I feel like a bit of a new boy.......:rolleyes:
It's a general term Brian, normally applying to the drop handlebar club sport riders who wear close fitting lycra shorts etc. Here it's being applied to the riders representing e-bike sellers who go all out to win for their make of e-bike, detracting from the fun element of the event.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Presteigne

Thanks Frank for starting the thread, this will be our forth year....... where did those three years go!

I would highly recommend that any one with even a vague interest in ebikes comes along. It's not at all nerdy (apart from Tim and I:D) and the excessive rivalry and sour grapes flung between some of the manufacturers is actually very amusing, worth going just for that. I for one hope they keep it up, as long as I don't have to wear lycra :eek: no fun for any one!

Of all the events I have been to, it is probably the best if you want to learn about ebikes and pedelecs and see what's going on in the market whilst having a great day (or two) out.

It would be a good idea if all Pedelecers wear a badge with their names, did I say it wasn't nerdy?! :) I will pin mine to my anorak!

All the best David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Presteigne Web Site

I have just been sent full details of the TDP 2009. For those who are interested here is the new and very good website.

Tour de Presteigne 2009

It's excellent, there is a great photo gallery that certainly gives you a good feel for the event. They say that a camera adds 5lbs to the person being photographed, in which case I would like to know how many cameras were on me when they snapped me with a 905se Sport! :eek:

See you there.

Best regards David

Shroppielass

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Shrewsbury
Just had a look at the TdP website for further info, not having been myself.
I see there's a change of venue for the Sunday race to Kinsham International Raceway and entrants must wear a helmet.
Having lit the blue touch paper I'll retire to a safe distance :rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see there's a change of venue for the Sunday race to Kinsham International Raceway and entrants must wear a helmet.
It might have been more diplomatic to say that any helmets used in the race must be accompanied by a rider. ;)

Make it the helmets suffering the enforcement. :D

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
There is definitely one undeclared helmet somewhere around without a rider. Last year the local cycle hire place lent helmets to some of the participants so they could participate, but he did not get one back.

I notice on the Tour de Presteigne site there is a ghost ride on the Saturday night. Maybe that is when we will see a ghost rider without a helmet or a helmet riding without a rider!!!!

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Great to see a couple of new events added,the throttle only race will be very interesting,i guess it will be won by an illegal 48v bike, but it will be interesting to see how ezee performs against wisper on throttle only,and could actually show which bike really performs best.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I see there's a change of venue for the Sunday race to Kinsham International Raceway
It's a flat go-kart track, the race will be down to tyre choice and leg power then as the bikes will hardly go slow enough for the motor to help.
Are non electric bike allowed to enter, or maybe a race bike with a tiny token motor and battery?

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
any body driving down would like to share costs with from southern england

i would like to attend Tour de Presteigne, but i am oap not ready to ride yet maybe next year, but willing to share drive expenses, either way my car or yours ,..? i live in kent but can make way to close counties , sounds like good time ..and plenty of interest..

fcurran

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2007
Bath
www.powabyke.com
i would like to attend Tour de Presteigne, but i am oap not ready to ride yet maybe next year, but willing to share drive expenses, either way my car or yours ,..? i live in kent but can make way to close counties , sounds like good time ..and plenty of interest..
Hi,

Try and contact David at Wisper Bikes as I think he lives in Sevenoaks in Kent and will be there for the weekend. His number is 01732 452004.

Regards

Frank

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
tour De Presteigne 2009 Details * * *

Hi David, Frank suggested i ring you , regarding above, i have been watching video and looks like a good time i dont know if you would have a spare seat, if this is possible i am willing to pay costs and be of assistance where i can i have managed cycle shop many moons ago, if you know of anyone else attending event, perhaps you would be good enough to relay message please.
regards

Geoff 01634 312802