* * * Tour De Presteigne 2009 Details * * *

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Presteign

Hi George

I would be delighted to drive you to Wales as long as I don't need the back seats folded down for gear. Can we talk closer to the event?

We will be staying on Friday and Saturday nights.

All the best David

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
It's not as nerdy as you think! It's more of a free-wheeling, fun-loving kind of event, not many clipboards, pocket protectors or hats with propellers on to be seen.

Or maybe it is and I'm too much of a nerd to notice. :(
No, definateley not nerdy. The average age is way too high..

goeco ireland

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 16, 2009
Irish entry

I am going to enter an IRISH bike, well not really an Irish bike but I intend doing the bike up as Irish as I can, no chance of competing in the speed bit but I would love some competition from anyone in the "Bike float" section (I made that up) but if any other Countries had an entry it could be fun. ie England, Wales, Scotand etc. We held the first electric bike holiday in Europe in Ireland this Month & the idea came from that weekend & the participants we had from all over Europe so lets get it on!!!! www.electricbikeholidays.ie:rolleyes:

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
I was hoping to borrow my mum's car for the Tour but she's using it that weekend, what's even more annoying is she'll be driving in Wales that weekend! but nowhere near Presteigne :( so I'm looking for alternative transport.

Is anyone from the Gloucestershire area or passing through Gloucestershire able to give me a lift with my bike? I can of course pay petrol costs.

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
does anyone have spare seat please, tandem considered ?

i have been kindly offered lift , but cant be confirmed until week before event, that leaves it a bit late to book accomodation i dont mind if one or two days, would like to attend Tour de Presteigne, but i am oap not ready to ride yet maybe next year, but willing to share drive expenses, either way, ,..? i live in kent but can make way to close counties , sounds like good time ..and plenty of interest..

Geoff

C

Cyclezee

Unfortunately:( as yet I have not been able to attend the Tour De Prestigne. Again, this year I will not be able to make it due to familly commitments. Is there any possibility of it coinciding with one of the May public holidays in future years?
I'm sure this would increase attendence, or would this clash with other events in Prestigne.
Alternatively, would there be interest in a second annual e-bike or pedelec event, maybe in a more central location, what do people think?

J:) hn

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Unfortunately:( as yet I have not been able to attend the Tour De Prestigne. Again, this year I will not be able to make it due to familly commitments. Is there any possibility of it coinciding with one of the May public holidays in future years?
I'm sure this would increase attendence, or would this clash with other events in Prestigne.
Alternatively, would there be interest in a second annual e-bike or pedelec event, maybe in a more central location, what do people think?

Both suggestions are good John, but I'd most like to see a more central location with better access.

C

Cyclezee

Both suggestions are good John, but I'd most like to see a more central location with better access.
From a somewhat selfish perspective, Milton Keynes would suit me being on my doorstep:eek:
However, it has great rail and road links from all direction, it has many miles of cycle routes and plenty of venues for such an event;)

I am very busy with work and other matters at the moment, but if there were enough interest and support, I would be more than willing to do my bit and help with arranging an event.