Trek Powerfly ( only gone and ordered one )

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
After months of lurking on here and other bikey forums I have only gone and ordered one of these ( as my mates call em Laz-E-Bikes )
Been riding mountain bikes since 1984 and for the last 4 years riding Fat bikes but it seems to be getting harder as the years roll on ,
What sold it to me well we have an annual get together with some mates and the age difference is about 35 years and this year it was hard keeping up on the climbs and had no energy left to enjoy the downs .

so long story short we get a new member to the group who owns a bike shop in Germany so he brings along an E-bike to trial .
he is the same age as me (61) and day one he rides his normal mtb as a control and we spend a lot of time at the back chatting and at the end of the day we are both pretty bolloxed .
Day 2 he takes the Ebike and I see he is not so bolloxed and grinning like a loon . he never takes his normal bike out for the rest of the week . where as I even have to bail out from a ride half way round as no legs left ..

so on my return home I visit Allterrain cycles in Saltaire and borrow their demo E Fatty for the weekend see youtube vid below

what a blast it made going up hill fun again no way would I have ridden up this climb on my bike
had a great weekend and was won over so found this forum and joined read nearly every thing
and visited bike shops whenever I was passing .

I was going to get the Cube Nutrail hybrid but made the decision to go full suspension and half fat

eventually had a short list the Cube stereo 140 27.5+
and the Trek Powerfly 9 fs plus
price wise very similar but I started to swing towards the Trek and what made the decision easier was the Cube was not available til next year so the Trek was ordered and with a bit of luck be in my hands in a weeks time
Cant wait .

Next year our group gathering is in Switzerland Can I keep the Ebike a secret til then I doubt it

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
After months of lurking on here and other bikey forums I have only gone and ordered one of these ( as my mates call em Laz-E-Bikes )
Been riding mountain bikes since 1984 and for the last 4 years riding Fat bikes but it seems to be getting harder as the years roll on ,
What sold it to me well we have an annual get together with some mates and the age difference is about 35 years and this year it was hard keeping up on the climbs and had no energy left to enjoy the downs .

so long story short we get a new member to the group who owns a bike shop in Germany so he brings along an E-bike to trial .
he is the same age as me (61) and day one he rides his normal mtb as a control and we spend a lot of time at the back chatting and at the end of the day we are both pretty bolloxed .
Day 2 he takes the Ebike and I see he is not so bolloxed and grinning like a loon . he never takes his normal bike out for the rest of the week . where as I even have to bail out from a ride half way round as no legs left ..

so on my return home I visit Allterrain cycles in Saltaire and borrow their demo E Fatty for the weekend see youtube vid below

what a blast it made going up hill fun again no way would I have ridden up this climb on my bike
had a great weekend and was won over so found this forum and joined read nearly every thing

I was going to get the Cube Nutrail hybrid but made the decision to go full suspension and half fat

price wise very similar but I started to swing towards the Trek and what made the decision easier was the Cube was not available til next year so the Trek was ordered and with a bit of luck be in my hands in a weeks time
Cant wait .

Next year our group gathering is in Switzerland Can I keep the Ebike a secret til then I doubt it
Stylish bike, suits you and the terrain.

You made a good decision there, any bike you have to wait for is a bike you do not want!

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

trouty

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2016
west yorkshire BD20
Purion is on the new bike
But the demo Fatty i had also had purion and I prefered the Intuvia on the missus`s bike for functionality

but the purion does free up bar real estate for lights

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there 110 euros from my lbs and will fit it for free ;)

Keith brown

Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2016
Leeds

Cant wait .

Had a go on this fat bike tday it was brilliant

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
A Glorious day in North Herefordshire, beautiful to be out and about in the woods. Crisp cold and sunny.

Above the furthest hill to the right is where I took last weeks photo from
View attachment 16543

Broad leave woodland, beautiful. In the summer the fern and nettles are so high I can't get in this wood. But now after a frost or two, in the sunshine how lovely it is.
View attachment 16541

Sduro..
View attachment 16542
There is nothing more exiting than a mudguard poised for action [emoji56]

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I only have one forum member on ignore, and it isn't you IR772, but I can't view/see the post that Gubbins has quoted.:confused:
Oh go on then, give us a clue as to who.

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Deleted it as I posted it in wrong thread.

If you don't know who is on EddiePJ's ignore list, where have you been.

• :D

Related Articles

Advertisers