Troubleshooting TSDZ2

hannes

Just Joined
May 26, 2020
Hello my bike started to make some clicking/creaking noise with some tactile feel to it a couple of days ago. It's mostly when I apply pressure to the pedals so I thought (and hoped) there might be some problems with the bearings in the pedals... But I can also feel this "click or bump" when just moving the pedals back and fourth. Today while I was inspecting it more closely I could feel a slight bump when turning the pedals backwards. The bump is always in the same position (20 clock at left pedal) Is it the blue gear, clutch thing? Help plz

Nothing2SeeHere

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2014
Blue gear faults are normally lack of drive.
Clutch faults are normally a slipping feel when heavy effort is put through the pedals

Probably not directly either of them. There are a number of other sets of bearings in the system though. There should be some on the non drive side underneath the rubber gasket which the 'bottom bracket' or the shaft the pedals join onto sits on. Might be worth inspecting these.

Also, I have seen people shimming the gap inside the bottom bracket as these can creak. They use thin alu cans to get a snug fit.

Nothing2SeeHere

Pedelecer
Aug 14, 2014
The 'bad' situation is a problem with the torque sensor. If the tension in the springs that hold the sensor in place aren't quite strong enough, the sensor can rub as the pedals go around. Over time this can cause the sensor to spin and pull the wires out of the controller. It happened to me and did have a click but I don't recall it being a problem moving the pedals backwards. I'm afraid I don't know a non invasive way of diagnosing it