TSDZ2 not assisting from pedals

jewels

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 1, 2020
I bought two of these and have had many hours and miles of fun with them.
I swapped motors as it wasn’t giving assistance by pedalling, the second works just as it should so how to fix?
I know it’s the motor as all other components work (it was only the motor swapped - not controller/battery etc.)
I’m happy to purchase and replace parts but not sure what to get?
Any thoughts?

Pedaluma

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2020
I bought two of these and have had many hours and miles of fun with them.
I swapped motors as it wasn’t giving assistance by pedalling, the second works just as it should so how to fix?
I know it’s the motor as all other components work (it was only the motor swapped - not controller/battery etc.)
I’m happy to purchase and replace parts but not sure what to get?
Any thoughts?
The TSDZ2 comes in two basic flavors, Freewheel and Coaster Brake. Is one of the bikes perchance a Coaster brake bike? If so, these motors cannot be swapped. Also if there is any pressure on the pedals, positive or negative, at start up on a Coaster Brake version you will not be given power by the motor and will see an error code E-06.
Attached is a photo of a coaster brake three-speed town bike. I love to ride this simple clean bike. The speed sensor has been removed for significant performance enhancement. The motor housing drilled for improved routing and the battery made more discreet for stealthy riding. Every bike I have built has a different personality or theme. I hope this is helpful.
I have a small workshop in Petaluma, California to play with these sort of fun projects and have been diagnosing such issues for a few years on my own bikes. What does the display show at start-up?

Attachments

Reactions: dwvl