TSDZ2 throttle kit - but not fitting brake levers ?

Bad Machine

Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2019
Does anyone have experience of this ? I plan to fit a Tongsheng CD throttle kit to a recumbent where the brakes are Magura Julie hydraulic disks on the rear, and Magura HS33 on the front wheel (it's a Hase Lepus delta trike). I want to fit the TSDZ2 throttle kit, but I am happy with the hydraulic braking, so don't want to change to cable brakes. Will the kit still work if I do not connect the two brake levers that are part of the kit ? In use, I don't think I'm likely to be using the throttle AND the braking at the same time, but should I consider a "kill" switch for the handlebars - for use as a cut-out if the motor should ever fail to stop ? (I'm thinking it may take me a while to modify the brake sensors for use with hydraulic levers).

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Bad Machine

Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2019
Thanks Woosh, that's good news. For the TSDZ2 controller, is the connection from the brake sensor normally, open, closed, or is it just a momentary pulse when levers are pulled ? And the hydraulic brake sensors you link to - I'm presuming I will need to splice them into the connectors for the VLCD5 (the TSDZ2 kit has rectangular connectors) ?
I'm thinking this through - it may be easiest for me to modify the existing TSDZ2 brake sensor and make it into a "kill switch" - so when operated it works like the brake levers do - to stop the motor ?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Reactions: Bad Machine