Tweets

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Speaking of the forum's appearance, how is it that some posts have a scroll bar at the side (whatever length they are), whereas others do not? That's in Firefox, by the way.
It is an error by the vBulletin designers in the css code which they use. If you look you will see it only happens in Firefox when the poster does not have a signature line stored in his profile and automatically displayed in his posts.

While I am slating off vBulletin, does anybody get annoyed when a green grass bar displays across the screen before the page comes up? It is most noticeable when the server is struggling to put together the files to send out over the internet. I have counted 5 javascript files and 4 CSS files being sent as well as the HTML and all the pictures for the flashing adverts etc. Despite all this going on, it is not set up so that we can choose to display in-line pictures uploaded to the forum server in more than thumb nails.

I did once install an earlier version of vBulletin on a website. But I quickly dumped it when I could stand the grass growing on my screen.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Speaking of the forum's appearance, how is it that some posts have a scroll bar at the side (whatever length they are), whereas others do not? That's in Firefox, by the way.
Same here. I've just done some test posts, deleting them each time, and this is the result:

Quick reply gets no scroll bar.

Going back into the Quick reply to edit out a mistake gets a scroll bar result

Using Advanced mode to reply gets a scroll bar.

I've no idea why, but it's in our control in a sense.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is an error by the vBulletin designers in the css code which they use. If you look you will see it only happens in Firefox when the poster does not have a signature line stored in his profile and automatically displayed in his posts.
As you see from my above post, the reply method varies the result. I use Firefox but don't have a signature line.

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Flecc,
it amy depend on browser version since it it a css problem. I note that in my IE which is an old version there were not scroll bars, where as my "up to date" Firefox 4.0.1 has them. For my posts it makes no difference whether I use Quick reply or advanced editing - i have a signature line and I think never get a scroll bar on my posts. Obviously things are different for your browser.

This reply is the quick reply. The previous one was advanced, and then edited - never any scroll bars here.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Safari 5.0.5 has them but as this is a quick reply maybe not!

No not even after an edit.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
At least I can control whether I get them or not, now that's real power! ;)

As here -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->