Vlcd5

Ralfolly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 10, 2020
Wales
Hello there,
Just purchased a Tongsheng tsdz2 and fitted to my 15 year old KONA blast , everything seems fine it’s a 350 watt unit with a 36v 10ah battery, after setting the assist level from 16 to 30 it is perfect , the problem I have is getting back into the settings menu the screen shows this. SEr has any body else seen this in the display?

Thanks in hope234ECAA2-ADA3-434A-B213-8DDBEF212C17.jpeg

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Put it back t0 16 the only settings that will change are kph to mph the wheel dia and 25kph or not
all the others are pre-set to factory unless you use the open source software it can cause problems

Ralfolly

Sep 10, 2020
Wales
Put it back t0 16 the only settings that will change are kph to mph the wheel dia and 25kph or not
all the others are pre-set to factory unless you use the open source software it can cause problems
Thanks for the reply the only problem is I can’t get past this SEr to get into the menu to get it back to default

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Try to remove the power disconnect the battery leave for a while then retry [only had this problem once on the last tsdz2 build ]
Suffered a loss of confidence have recently moved back to Bafang motors

Ralfolly

Sep 10, 2020
Wales
Try to remove the power disconnect the battery leave for a while then retry [only had this problem once on the last tsdz2 build ]
Thank you I will try this and post if I get success
Many thanks again.

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Have to agree. Built up a bike last week using a TS, whilst I like the torque sensing. Out of the box it seems to have issues. Which personally I think are related to the display ??
I have a VLCD6 (the micky mouse disney display).
It regularly drops assist levels by itself, one minute you are in level 4. The next you are struggling to pedal as it has dropped to zero...... by itself:mad:
Out of the 4 levels. Levels 1&2 do nothing? Same as being in level 0. :mad:

The firmware is pants. I can not use my fully charged EM3ev shark 48v/14.3Ah battery, as the TS will not start with the 54 odd volts presented to it?

I have 3 bikes using BBS02's, as Peter, I will stick to Bafang for future builds.

BBSHD next :D

Sam95

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2023
Was the original issue ever solved? I'm experiencing the exact same problems right now :rolleyes: Leaving system with battery disconnected did not work for me either...

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Was the original issue ever solved? I'm experiencing the exact same problems right now :rolleyes: Leaving system with battery disconnected did not work for me either...
You normally press the 'i' button 4 times in succession after SEr (service) and follow the instruction as suggested on page 11 of this version of instructions attached below.
Other thing that have been suggested by others is to temporary disconnect all other wiring e.g brake sensors, handlebar button switches and especially the wheel speed sensor which seems to get blamed for many things.

Attachments

Sam95

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2023
You normally press the 'i' button 4 times in succession after SEr (service) and follow the instruction as suggested on page 11 of this version of instructions attached below.
Other thing that have been suggested by others is to temporary disconnect all other wiring e.g brake sensors, handlebar button switches and especially the wheel speed sensor which seems to get blamed for many things.
I was able to access the menu before, but now the systems shuts down when I release the info and power button. I'm thinking there's some bad wiring somewhere, but it's hard to find out where.

My multimeter shows there is continuity between the torque sensor and the controller, but I'm not sure which other connections to test.

I think I've tried with the speed sensor disconnected to no avail, but I'll try again later today and report back.

Sam95

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2023
Alright turns out I was failing every time. I accessed the hidden menu now, and I can see that the torque values are 00000. I guess i'll have to purchase a new torque sensor.