Water Bottle on Full Sus E-Bikes

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Has anyone any ingenious ideas for carying a water bottle actually on the bike? I am thinking there may be room on the lower part of the dropper post facing forward. I have yet to look at LBS, but often, after buying something not exactly suitable, I find someone on here has come up with a better solution..
I think there is enough room when the post is dropped, but the fitting needs to be low down..2017-05-16 15.59.43.jpg 2017-05-16 16.00.07.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
  • Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It would invalidate your bikes warranty, but once expired, you could possibly drill and fit a couple of rivnuts to the bike, and install a bottle cage.

Actually, another idea has just popped into my head. I wonder if you could use Velcro or Haibike ties to fix a bottle cage to the battery when it is on the bike. It could stay permanently attached to the battery, and just lift on and off with the battery.

I use a Camelbak, which obviously doesn't suit all, but a waist belt bottle carrier such as the ones worn by joggers, might not be a bad compromise.

Last edited:
  • Useful

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Has anyone any ingenious ideas for carying a water bottle actually on the bike? I am thinking there may be room on the lower part of the dropper post facing forward. I have yet to look at LBS, but often, after buying something not exactly suitable, I find someone on here has come up with a better solution..
I think there is enough room when the post is dropped, but the fitting needs to be low down..View attachment 19251 View attachment 19252
What about a seat mount?
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tacx-bottle-cage-saddle-mount/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/9jt/VeloChampion-Double-Water-Bottle-Cage-Mount-Triathlon/B00NV0CL44

• Useful

Related Articles

Advertisers