Waterproofing Bosch System

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Same here for Bedlam and Dyke Bottoms!
There is a small village in Bavaria (?) I've driven through that has the charming name of "****". I don't understand why we don't hear more about that one :)

edit -ok, first time for me to encounter the forums auto rude word changing feature!
Letters are:
W
A
N
K
:)
Look it up on google maps. Just make sure you erase your search history afterwards .....

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
There is a small village in Bavaria (?) I've driven through that has the charming name of "****". I don't understand why we don't hear more about that one :)

edit -ok, first time for me to encounter the forums auto rude word changing feature!
Letters are:
W
A
N
K
:)
Look it up on google maps. Just make sure you erase your search history afterwards .....
How unfortunate for the villagers or as they would be know as a W****er.

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Have to admit to having a smi!e or two on readiing this thread!

But as the new owner of an intuvia console i am trying to find out if it is ok in wet weather, to which i fully expect the answer to be yes. The bosch manual makes no stateme t one way or a other.

Today i have been riding in wet weather with no issues, and i do not expect to resort to any bodge likeclingfilm, condoms or baggiex!

More dubious, to me, is whether removing the console represents any hazard out in tne rain? I have dkne so today and all was well, but it made me wonder.

Any thoughts anyone?

I am amazed bosch dont cover this in the manual

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Have to admit to having a smi!e or two on readiing this thread!

But as the new owner of an intuvia console i am trying to find out if it is ok in wet weather, to which i fully expect the answer to be yes. The bosch manual makes no stateme t one way or a other.

Today i have been riding in wet weather with no issues, and i do not expect to resort to any bodge likeclingfilm, condoms or baggiex!

More dubious, to me, is whether removing the console represents any hazard out in tne rain? I have dkne so today and all was well, but it made me wonder.

Any thoughts anyone?

I am amazed bosch dont cover this in the manual
Yes carry on and don’t worry about it

As for taking it off apart from the bike not powering up it will be fine
If anything put a little silicone grease on the contacts and while your there pull the motor plugs and do them as well and finally finish off with some on the battery terminals and that will help protect the electrical contact side of things