What is the future?

C

Cyclezee

Not so Frank, replacement units are readily available in stock in Europe and can be despatched promptly.

And there haven't been plenty of posts about the units failing in this forum, I've only ever heard of one of the second generation units doing so, and I get feedback via my support site from all around the world on these. In view of the many thousands of the later units out there over the last 5 years, the reliability is incredibly good.

The earlier unit did have some known problems but the failure incidence was very low despite that, and there are large numbers still in use without a fault as far back as their introduction ten years ago.
Dare I ask who was the owner of that one unit to fail Tony,..............or do I already know the answer?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Never having done business with either 50 Cycles or Fred Karno....sorry, Frank's outfit, I'm absolutely certain which firm I'd trust to sort me out with (1) A bike or (2) Repairs or spare parts for my bike.

Maybe I've missed it but I can't seem to recall many glowing testimonials in these pages about the bikes supplied by Frank's firm. Leaving aside the new kids on the block about whom we have little information thus far, Panasonic-powered bikes have stood out as the most elegant method of achieving a pedal-assisted bicycle. My guess is that 50 Cycles and other Panasonic bike dealers will be around long after Frank and Alien Ocean and their ilk have disappeared.

Indalo

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

Well folks I stirred this one up well We now all no where to send your Panasonic unit for repair or replacement My posting was deliberate to rubbish the unit so we could answer the Question

Can 50 Cycles please post the cost off one off there replacement unit or your repair costs

Well done 50 Cycles for your service and back up :D

Frank ( Fred Karno ) Although I prefer Fred Dibnah MBE My hero :cool:

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the future is orange.

Last edited:

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
My posting was deliberate to rubbish the unit so we could answer the Question
Hmmmm.....

Didactic - good word. I heard someone using it on the radio and looked it up. Unfortunately, I now use it ten times a day, mostly wrongly :confused: