What to go for! I say the Wisper 905

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve499

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2007
Just to add to my email yesterday. I have a lot of time for the Wisper and the Company. Whenever I have rung up the company they have been very helpful, as I said before, interested in what you have to say, and they want to help, and provide a service. That means a lot to me. Another electric bike company i purchased a bike from, should learn from that. When you spend a lot of money on a bike you expect action when something goes wrong. Not to take the bike away for weeks and when you ring up , they still haven't looked at it. Also when I received that bike new, (cost £1200) the gears didn't work, the company in the UK hadn't even checked it when it had arrived from China. Another friends bike arrived with two punctures.
However with the Wisper they check and adjust before sending them out. I'm very pleased with the Wisper 905, I've done nearly 150 miles with it. Its light, very smooth, brakes actually stop you. Get a test ride you will be very pleased.
Edit/Delete Message

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Too right Baboonking, I was about to say to Steve499, we got the message first time, but after THREE threads on this it's been lost again in this sea of bile. I think most of us will go back to making our independent judgement based on our ownership experiences.

Those experiences have been nothing like this for many of us.

Jed

Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
Hi Steve,

That is pretty amazing as yesterday you said Yesterday 20th April 2007 I tested the Wisper 905e electric cycle on a trip into London

So you've bought one today already and done 150 miles on it, i'mm impressed :D Methinks you are a troll

thanks

Jed

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well spotted Jed! :)

I've ridden 67 miles today and I know how sore I feel. After 150 miles I'd be in A & E. :rolleyes:

Steve499

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 27, 2007
To reply to my replies.

The reason I wrote the original email was for Wisper cycles after they so happily allowed me the chance to test their Wisper 905. I promised I would let them know how the bike was. At that time I never knew that this site was on the internet.
That email I addressed to Wisper. After finding this site and noticing some negative reports I decided to also tell other people about the bike so I copied my email to you. Thats why it was dated the 20th April. Since the 20th April I have done 150 miles and I am replacing my old cycle with this one.

When you have had a bad/ disappointing experience with a item and then have a good experience with a new item you do wish to shout about it. I'm sure you would understand that.

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Thanks for setting the record straight about the dates Steve, it makes more sense now.

Your experiences with the Torq are certainly not typical, I've had one since last August and still have the smile on my face, and I know there are other members who feel the same way.

The Torq brakes do judder sometimes, but it is in no way dangerous and doesn't detract from the stopping ability and, as flecc has stated, a solution is available from the supplier. A visit to any cycling forum will show it's a common problem with rim brakes on all kinds of bicycle.

Good luck with the new bike.

Ian.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Of course Steve499, but with three threads in quick succession I'm sure you'll equally see that's not just shouting, it's too much.

As I remarked above, once was enough for this intelligent audience to understand your message. It's in the nature of electric bikes that the users are predominantly an older and experienced age profile who are sensitive to any possibility of having their intelligence insulted.

allotmenteer

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Aldershot, Hampshire
Of course Steve499, but with three threads in quick succession I'm sure you'll equally see that's not just shouting, it's too much.
I agree flecc. We all want to hear of other's experiences with electric bikes, that's what the forum is all about. However the over-the-top postings regarding the wisper bike are not what we like to see here. Due to these postings my impression of the wisper bike is a negative one. I really don't think steve499 has done wisper bikes any favours at all.

PS. There is a useful ignore list feature available on the forum. Just click on the username, view public profile and then click add <user> to your ignore list.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Nigel

come on guys there room for every one on this forum i feel steve was not OTT with ref the wisper bike LETS make everyone welcome Ezee and wisper :D :) NIGEL

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Folks, whilst Steve will probably agree he has perhaps been rather enthusiastic with his posts regarding his new bike ;) we should all welcome our new members and what they have to say even if it sometimes conflicts with our own opinions and experiences. Sometimes it takes a little time to settle in and understand the existing etiquette.

Steve - a good in-depth review of your bike would be welcome and some photographs! All bikes and claims will be ruthlessly evaluated in this forum though and we have some good companies who are constantly looking to improve their service and products which will ultimately benefit us all.

In fact I am very much looking forward to Presteigne in a few weeks where all the bikes can receive a good hammering, followed by some welcome lifting of the right arm down at the pub afterwards with some healthy rib-pulling !

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
come on guys there room for every one on this forum i feel steve was not OTT with ref the wisper bike LETS make everyone welcome Ezee and wisper :D :) NIGEL
A good sentiment Nigel, and of course Steve499 is very welcome and we look forward to his future postings. As he will have noticed when he first entered here, it's friendly forum where we want to hear from all members regarding ALL makes of bike. This is the only time I remember this particular "praise versus putdown" posting problem cropping up, and we trust it will be the last.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Oooops!

This is totally down to me, Pedelecers and Steve, please accept my apologies.

I was still smarting from an adverse posting from a competitor, when Steve asked me to have a test ride. His response was very welcome especially considering he had owned pedelecs in the past (and still owned one).

I asked Steve to put his comments onto this Forum as an independent who knew more about competitors bikes than I.

I am so enthusiastic about the Wisper 905e that I got carried away, I agree it was more than a little heavy handed of me and I have learned a valuable lesson. I am a newby on forums, I underestimated my audience.

If you want to have a pop it's me and not Steve you should be aiming at.

But.......................I do love this industry!!

I hope to meet you all at Presteigne.

Best regards David :)

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
For anyone wanting to write a review about their bike don't forget we have a dedicated area on the main site.

I think that just about wraps it up for this thread.

cheers
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.