Which Kit?

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Finally ordered the q128c motor wheel, torque arms and sine wave controller from bmsb. The dolphin battery is on the way from eclipsebikes. Looking forward now to getting the kit fitted. Thanks for all the help:)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Hi John

Any chance you can send me some links to the kit you finally bought please. Am thinking of going down the same route.

Thanks

Matt

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
Thanks John

Hopefully it works out well. I'll be very interested to see how you get on. Might hold fire until you've cracked it!

Fingers crossed anyway and good luck when it all arrives. Keep us all posted.

Cheers

Matt

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks d8veh - much appreciated. The kit you recommend seems to be a great set up looking at other threads. Happy to buy from overseas so that would be fine.

If I DIDN'T want to keep the gears and have in effect a single speed (I'm still not clear how gear changes actually work in combination with a motor - my beach cruiser just has a single freewheel) - what would be a good solution then?
The gears will work with a motor exactly the same as they do now. The only thing you need to change is the chainwheel because it's too small. You'll need to go up to 48T with a motor so that you can keep up with the pedals.

Reactions: Forge Custom

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
The gears will work with a motor exactly the same as they do now. The only thing you need to change is the chainwheel because it's too small. You'll need to go up to 48T with a motor so that you can keep up with the pedals.
Ta. Also cassette is currently a SRAM GX 10 Speed 11-42T. Keep or change?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
John L, just checking you did select the 48v 09 controller option ?

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
John L, just checking you did select the 48v 09 controller option ?
Oh Nealh I selected the 36v one:( I should have matched the controller to the battery not the motor. I've sent a message to bms asking them to change it to 48v. They're testing the order so hopefully they can change it. Fingers crossed. Thanks for prompting me to check.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Just found this - a 32 hole hub motor.

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/651-q100c-cst-36v350w-32-hole-rear-driving-hub-motor-ebike-kit.html

This would solve my seemingly impossible problem of finding a 36 hole 27.5+ rim - I could just re-lace the hub motor into my existing rear wheel.

Question is - how much of a compromise is the q100c over the q128c? If only there were a 32 hole 128c, christmas and birthday would have arrived together!
You can run the Q100 at 48V but it isn't as beefy as the Q128 so you need to limit the Amps to 15 A https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54297 (with posts from d8veh). I have it on my short list and will run it at 12.5 Amps x 48 V - 600 W because it only weighs 2 or so kgs. Light weight is beautiful! :)

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
You can run the Q100 at 48V but it isn't as beefy as the Q128 so you need to limit the Amps to 15 A https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54297 (with posts from d8veh). I have it on my short list and will run it at 12.5 Amps x 48 V - 600 W because it only weighs 2 or so kgs. Light weight is beautiful! :)
Thanks for that. What would you recommend as a suitable sine wave controller and battery for this set up? Do BMSB or PSWPower do something suitable? Cheers Matt

D

Deleted member 4366

Oh Nealh I selected the 36v one:( I should have matched the controller to the battery not the motor. I've sent a message to bms asking them to change it to 48v. They're testing the order so hopefully they can change it. Fingers crossed. Thanks for prompting me to check.

Use their online chat service to make sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Don't even think about using that 36v controller at 48v all that will happen is you will fry the controller.

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
Don't even think about using that 36v controller at 48v all that will happen is you will fry the controller.
I figured that would be a no no:) If a 36v controller arrives it might find its way to ebay. Hopefully that won't happen.

D

Deleted member 4366

Which controller did you order? Some are dual voltage.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Nope. The capacitor is only 50V