Will this Q128c build be OK for me?

Davidwed

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2017
england
Hi, I'm new to this and am looking to convert one of my bikes to an E-Bike. I've tried my best to take in the huge amount of information available on this site and am now ready to order some bits.

My current commute is about 5 miles. It consists of a long gentle hill and then a bridle path.
I weigh about 70kg.
My current bike is a Carrera Subway Urban Shift.
I can't see myself ever doing more than 20 MPH on this commute.
My asthma at the moment is not great, the aim is to get fitter but I could do with this bike doing most of the work for me right now.

My current shopping list is purely from BMSBattery

• Q128C-135mm 500W CST Rear Driving EBike Hub Motor
    Voltage : 36V, RPM : 201

• 36V14.5Ah Bottle-09 Panasonic Battery Pack
    SKU : BP00086&MK00029 (This has a 20A continuous discharge and includes a 20A sine wave controller plus One S-LCD3, One Thumb throttle, A pair of Brake Grip, One PAS And Waterproof Easy Assemble Wires.)
  • A Pair of EBike Torque Arm

Does this look about right? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

D

Deleted member 4366

Get one of their spoke keys at the same time. You'll probably need it in the future at some point. the rest looks fine.

R0881E

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2017
UK
Hi, I'm new to this and am looking to convert one of my bikes to an E-Bike. I've tried my best to take in the huge amount of information available on this site and am now ready to order some bits.

My current commute is about 5 miles. It consists of a long gentle hill and then a bridle path.
I weigh about 70kg.
My current bike is a Carrera Subway Urban Shift.
I can't see myself ever doing more than 20 MPH on this commute.
My asthma at the moment is not great, the aim is to get fitter but I could do with this bike doing most of the work for me right now.

My current shopping list is purely from BMSBattery

• Q128C-135mm 500W CST Rear Driving EBike Hub Motor
    Voltage : 36V, RPM : 201

• 36V14.5Ah Bottle-09 Panasonic Battery Pack
    SKU : BP00086&MK00029 (This has a 20A continuous discharge and includes a 20A sine wave controller plus One S-LCD3, One Thumb throttle, A pair of Brake Grip, One PAS And Waterproof Easy Assemble Wires.)
  • A Pair of EBike Torque Arm
Does this look about right? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
The bike will go faster if you purchase the 48V equivalent battery.
BMSBattery are puttign the sine wave controller into the 14.5A 48V battery for me :)

Davidwed

Just Joined
Nov 2, 2017
england
Thanks guys. I have now added the spoke key.

I thought about the 48V battery but I think it might be a little too fast for me (would be fun though). I imagine the bridle path is going to be pretty uncomfortable at higher speeds. I'd also worry about the motor getting hot if I'm not going fast enough for it.