Wisper DaaHub arrives - what a bike!

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
How difficult was the lining up of the brake rotor to your existing calliper? Could I also be a real pain and ask for the dimensions of the controller/battery unit.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
David. Hi.
Thank you. What are the dimensions of the clamp or in other words what minimum length on, for example, the seat tube is required?

Thank you.
Regards
vectra
Hi Vectra

You would need 90mm of seat tube exposed to fit the clamp.

Best regards

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
How difficult was the lining up of the brake rotor to your existing calliper? Could I also be a real pain and ask for the dimensions of the controller/battery unit.
Hi PJM

Absolutely no bother at all, even I can do it!

The battery dimensions are 109H x 279L x 123W

All the best

David

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Looks like the in frame fit will be tight on my Trek 6000. The cable guide lug for the front derailleur is going to be restrictive. I am sure a bit of judicious work with a drill and file will solve it. If not the seat post will have to do.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hiya Eddio
I have never been what you would call conventional and have always designed and built many things that are just right for me so to pick up a trade bike and fit a motor and ride down the road with a smile on your face has got to be a result.(well done)
I have found that fitting my Oxygen battery under the crossbar just balances my Aurora and my Evans kit bike nicely.
Getting back to bikes, when I converted my old Evans to an E bike and rode it for the first time I was blown away with having a light bike and assistance. There is no doubt that a light bike is a joy to ride for sure. Having said that (I keep the Evans on my van for outings because it`s just so light to lift in and out) horses for courses comes to mind.
For riding around the local lanes I just love my Aurora (for obvious reasons) it just feels so stable and now that I have removed the rear battery (unless I need the range) the balance is superb. I weigh in at around 12st now so even if the Aurora is a touch heavy my weight keeps down the total.

I must summoned the courage to fit the Aurora rear wheel into the Evans one day:) can you imagine how that bugger would fly along??

Anyway, enjoy that bike and I`m sure it will get well used when you go abroad this year.

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
David from Wisper, Any update on the following.

Are you still going to produce Daarack and also will Daahub be available with the 15ah battery next year?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Shoe

The DaaRack is a special we are preparing for the Post Office in New Zealand, but it will be an option going into 2012. The best we will be abe to achieve in the DaaHub battery is 10.5A x 37V, but this will not be available until next year.

Best regards

David