Wisper DaaHub arrives - what a bike!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Do you have rear disc brakes? If so you'll need a special rack that sticks out further.
Although I've never tried it, I imagine that with most bike racks with the thinner tubes, a judicious bit of slight bending and a pair of spacers would do the trick.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
I would recommend tortec. They make very lightweight racks that are not too dear, easy to fit and look great. I fitted a disc specific one to my emotion but probably could have got a away with a normal one. I like the very slender ones they do.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
eddieo Hi.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the tube clamp? I notice on the DaaHub site that they show the battery to the rear of the saddle. It's hard to be certain on the pictures but I assume the clamp is fitted to the seat tube?
Regards
Vectra.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Although I've never tried it, I imagine that with most bike racks with the thinner tubes, a judicious bit of slight bending and a pair of spacers would do the trick.
A shop suggested that as well but unfortunately it would need a pile of washers an inch thick.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Definitely not using washers of course. I meant tubular spacers in one piece, preferably made from drilled alloy rod.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
eddieo Hi.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the tube clamp? I notice on the DaaHub site that they show the battery to the rear of the saddle. It's hard to be certain on the pictures but I assume the clamp is fitted to the seat tube?
Regards
Vectra.
Hi Vectra, there are two sets of silicone shims in the kit, one thicker pair for use on the seat post and a thinner pair for use on the seat post tube.

All the best

David

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Kitchenman the fork is listed as 75mm travel
Thanks ... so ... umm .,. how did the wheel that eddieo got fit? Did he ask for one to fit his fork size? Or is this some kind of magic wheel that fits all fork sizes?

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
its raining so further rides suspended...
Would be nice to have had a rain test. It might not rain again for months! ...

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi Vectra, there are two sets of silicone shims in the kit, one thicker pair for use on the seat post and a thinner pair for use on the seat post tube.

All the best

David
David. Hi.
Thank you. What are the dimensions of the clamp or in other words what minimum length on, for example, the seat tube is required?

Thank you.
Regards
vectra

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
No its OK according to SJS, disc brake is on the inside or something like that, so no need for wider frame:confused:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
No its OK according to SJS, disc brake is on the inside or something like that, so no need for wider frame:confused:
I've just looked at the pictures and I see what you mean, it's positioned forward of the wheel so when you brake the force acts to push the wheel up into the dropout. Very clever. :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I've just looked at the pictures and I see what you mean, it's positioned forward of the wheel so when you brake the force acts to push the wheel up into the dropout. Very clever. :)

Honestly it is so hard to communicate how nice this set up is to ride......smooth as silk, beautiful frame, hollow tech crank & XT silky smooth as well. It is so very different to standard large battery e bikes. I know I have said this before, but being able to sit in the seat and still peddle, not loosing much momentum (sorry Galileo) over speed bumps etc... Is one of its strongest features.

Have calmed down a bit, so riding on assistance level 3 (no throttle about 12 mph) is more then enough assistance on my 10 mile exercise run. although the bike is only probably 4-5 kg lighter then 905 It feels half the weight. It glides in and out of traffic, still power on around roundabouts etc...where previously I coasted. You need to try it Andrew, but probably not enough battery Ah for a hard core commuter;)

Last edited:

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
I love the bike Ed and it is exactly the set up I would like however I have to admit I am not too keen on the appearance of the daahub kit within the frame.

My preference would be to be able to hide the battery etc in a pannier.

Do you think this set up would work.

Topeak MTX Beam Rack V-Type 2010 -

With a trunkbag like this Topeak Rear MXT Trunkbag DX : Free Delivery : 0% Finance : Cyclescheme : Singletrack Bikes

Would daahub fit inside the bag?

Ps. Have you got the KTM Bosch bike yet and how do you rate that against this set up?

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
KTM in transit from Germany...probably a week away

the DaaHub is also designed to fit facing backwards on seat stem? would this not do you...Do you really find it so unattractive that you think it needs to go in a bag! if that's the case maybe best buy something else.....

its not just a battery but you have the docking station with controller built in and battery slides into this so easy to remove I now never leave battery on when parked. so I dont know how you would get on as it needs too be fixed I guess....honestly this seems so odd to me.david probably better answering your questons then me......

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
My preference would be to be able to hide the battery etc in a pannier.
I've not tried batteries but I have carried heavy things in my panniers, the bags will break and the rack will break over time. Panniers are subject to a lot of knocks and aren't designed to withstand the abuse required for a big weight.