Woosh CD kit issues

sylkie

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2016
Hi, I have had a CD kit from woosh for just over a year and a week after warranty ran out the battery died, its been with them for about a month and the parts are not in stock for another couple of months, is there anyone else having or had issues and can help me figure a way to get the parts elsewhere? it was my brilliant idea of saving money and getting well but I am £600 down with only a year of usage, 1,500 miles on the clock, not a happy bunny :(

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
their website says that woosh run out of 15ah batteries but they'll get delivery of a new batch on May 10th.

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Are they replacing the battery under warranty or are you having to pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sylkie

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2016
Are they replacing the battery under warranty or are you having to pay for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am having to pay as far as I am aware, the warranty ran out like I say a week before it started going wrong, Andy has asked the manufacturer if they are willing to help out but had no reply yet. I am going the route of trying to get it repaired but not sure what is going to happen...

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Ouch. How much will it cost you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I am having to pay as far as I am aware..
I find this surprising. If you have to pay for a new one, you wouldn't have to wait.
Woosh can simply rob a battery from their Kriegers to sell to you or suggest you get a 13AH battery that they have in stock.
It's more likely that your battery is repairable, hence the delay for parts.

sylkie

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2016
Ouch. How much will it cost you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find this surprising. If you have to pay for a new one, you wouldn't have to wait.
Woosh can simply rob a battery from their Kriegers to sell to you or suggest you get a 13AH battery that they have in stock.
It's more likely that your battery is repairable, hence the delay for parts.
I am waiting for a repair on it but not sure yet if its possible, it passed all the tests and I was told it was ready to post back to me and then it failed on a 2nd test run, not clear whats going to happen, I am without transport and it seems open ended at this point

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it seems from your report that the battery is still in repair and woosh are waiting for parts. It may be better to ask Hatti to sell you a new battery with a full new guarantee at a reduced price.

sylkie

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2016
it seems from your report that the battery is still in repair and woosh are waiting for parts. It may be better to ask Hatti to sell you a new battery with a full new guarantee at a reduced price.
I am not feeling greatly inspired by the aftercare at this moment and do not have approx £300 to spare to take another risk, when i bought the kit after a lot of research i asked the question about whether parts were kept in stock for repairs and was assured that they were, a 3 month wait is not exactly what I would call in stock. I might consider another supplier if the after care came recommended from a happy customer but finding the money is an issue not easy to resolve.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
nobody complained about their after care.
Fordulike bought his kit from them.

sylkie

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2016
nobody complained about their after care.
Fordulike bought his kit from them.
I had a look at their website and they mention that they don't have much customer service, also found a thread that was talking about not getting replies from emails...there must be a niche in the market for good aftercare but maybe its just not possible within the profit margins, a huge let down tho seeing as once you have a kit you are reliant on them if anything goes wrong, until the day that elec bike mechanics pop up in every town and city, bring on that day!
i called electic bike conversions Ltd and they were keen to help but not up for sullpying the BMS which is what I think is needed, guess there are just too many variables

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you hit the nail on the head. Kit prices are depressed because of ebay Chinese sellers, shipping from UK bedroom sized warehouses and because ebay allow them to be based abroad, they don't have to pay VAT and import duty. Margin on kits for UK based sellers is squeezed and often not enough to run a comprehensive service. If the kits are rock solid then everyone is happy. The BBS01/BBS02 are pretty solid, but batteries are a bit of a lotery.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
eclipse sell their 09 battery pack for £279.95 and in stock.
may be worth considering.

http://eclipsebikes.com/145ah-lithium-frame-battery-samsung-cells-p-1104.html

After your old battery is repaired, keep it as a backup.
Sorry to butt in, slightly off topic. Why have none of the UK suppliers ever got any stock!

Panda and Eclipse both OOS of the battery I want.

Are there any other UK suppliers? Until now I've been using BMSBattery.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

raymee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2015
Sorry to butt in, slightly off topic. Why have none of the UK suppliers ever got any stock!

Its now near impossible to legally airfreight lithium batteries so only those suppliers with deep pockets can afford to buy container quantities and wait the five- six weeks for shipping

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014

Hi Alan

We have recently had a delivery and our USB Bottle batteries and rear rack batteries are now back in stock.

This summer we will also have the 8Ah normal bottle batteries and frog type batteries back again

Let us know if this is what you need

Regards