Woosh Crank Bike review

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
I'd love to have a go at soldering the shunt, which could make it much faster, I'm sure a few more amps wouldn't do any harm.
Get the solder sucker ready then ;)

Hatti dont look :eek:

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
D

Deleted member 4366

Giant NRS with Bafang 500w BPM motor
Giant NRS with Bafang CST motor
Rocky Mountain Element with 2WD twin Q100 motors
Specialized Rockhopper Pro with Oxydrive kit
Muddyfox with GNG Gen 1 kit
Diamondback with GNG Gen 2 kit
Dahon Jetstream P8 with Q100 motor

That's seven - worse than I thought - plus 5 other crappy bikes not converted.

Photos in my profile here:
View Profile: d8veh - Electric Bikes Community - Pedelecs UK

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
Giant NRS with Bafang 500w BPM motor
Giant NRS with Bafang CST motor
Rocky Mountain Element with 2WD twin Q100 motors
Specialized Rockhopper Pro with Oxydrive kit
Muddyfox with GNG Gen 1 kit
Diamondback with GNG Gen 2 kit
Dahon Jetstream P8 with Q100 motor

Photos in my profile here:
View Profile: d8veh - Electric Bikes Community - Pedelecs UK
That is some collection, I thought my 2 was a lot of bikes.! fair play to you though, tis a good hobby.
Going to check out the pics now.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
'The path of excess leads to the palace of wisdom' :D

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
D8veh, just a short excursion off topic, how are the Kenda small block tyres, do you sacrifice a lot of on road speed compared to a semi slick tyre? something like in the picture.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I had a friend recommend the small block 8 but was worried I might lose some on road performance as most of my riding is on road with the occasional excursion off road, usually on seriously steep fire trails where my factory fitted semi slicks don't really excel.

mart.hart

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2008
Can you adjust the wheel size in the computer . If you put in say 700 cc on 26in wheels will it cut out later ?

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Can you adjust the wheel size in the computer . If you put in say 700 cc on 26in wheels will it cut out later ?
Yes in theory, as well as adjusting the max speed up (providing the software has not been modded away from stock)..

However, adjusting the settings is only part of it, the controller it self may need convincing to supply the additional current to achieve whats been asked for that's above 'normal'

D

Deleted member 4366

I have to apologise for a biy of bullsh!t earlier. The PAS levels don't limit crank speed because you can still spin the back wheel at 24mph on level one. It must therefore be a different current limit on each PAS level.

I've just been down to Aldi. On the way back is a half-mille climb that's very steep in places. I thought of going a different way home because I was carrying about 12kg of shopping. In the end, I went up the hill and I only had to pedal hard on the very steepest bit. Even my 500w CST motor needs a bit of help there. I'm now even more impressed with this bike.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hatti you do realise DaveH was the worst person to give the bike to. Its now stripped and laid out on his kitchen table, all parts measured and photographed. Then all this distributed in the Pedlec share and support scheme.
Sigh...but of course. My guess is he'd stripped it down within 5 minutes of getting it....!!
Hatti

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
The spare battery's from them are a fair price as well, good to see another dealer not over pricing them.

alfie

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2011
Well done Hatti for delivering such well thought out and affordable bikes to us consumers. This has several benefits over the cheap 250w GNG kits. Its brush-less, drives the crank directly and is waterproof. You don't have to fit the damn thing either.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
I won't.......
Hatti
Which kinda carrys the implication that its game on .... (well I'd take it that way)

If it goes bang (which I'm sure it wont), then I'll be first to donate to the 'get D8veh outa the Ooops crap that shouldn't of happened fund' :p

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Well done Hatti for delivering such well thought out and affordable bikes to us consumers. This has several benefits over the cheap 250w GNG kits. Its brush-less, drives the crank directly and is waterproof. You don't have to fit the damn thing either.
....but illegal?