Woosh Crank Bike review

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

Jocelyn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 10, 2008
BRISTOL, UK
I endorse the range it will fit - I'm 5' 6" (well nearly) and have tried a range of saddle & handlebar configurations - it's VERY easy to adjust.

ourblue

Just Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Northern Ireland
Sirocco Cd

I'm new to electric bikes but well used to cycling. Managed 31 going downhill. I need a narrower type of saddle as i have on my racer. I enjoy being able to take a break near the crest and use the throttle. Getting the right gear for uphill will no doubt increase the range. So far I've managed 25 miles and the battery only seems to be about 3/4 used. I also felt as though i had been kicked by a horse! I try and turn down the power assist to 1 but towards the end of the ride i had it up to 5.
I 'd be interested to see what range other folk have achieved in a hilly area. I couldn't see me using it without pedaling especially going downhill.
Well worth the money and Hatti at Woosh was very helpful.

Geo13647

Apr 3, 2013
Have a Woosh Zephyr CD, been promising a proper review for weeks now.
Still not finished it due to (insert latest excuse here).

However, just to reiterate what others have said, Woosh are a nice company to deal with, and their products are, in my opinion, really good value for money.

I'm really happy with my purchase, as it as made cycling a much more enjoyable activity. I can now with a very small bit of effort, climb hills, that I could not manage on a road bike 20 years ago.

The quality of the bike is good, considering it's 'non-European' origins.
If I had to find fault, the paint finish could do with a good hard lacquer coating, as is common with most aluminium finishes, it's a bit on the soft side, and can mark fairly easily.
Mechanically, everything seems to be of good quality, and, so far quite reliable.
You do, however, need to spend a little time on adjusting cables etc, just as any other bike.

Regards,
G...

Caztaylor

Jun 23, 2013
Basingstoke
Hi seriously considering purchasing this bike - just a couple of points needing clarifying before I take the plunge:
1. The battery - what is the estimated number of full charges / life expectancy in years?
2. The lights - are they powered internally or Aa battery powered.
Thanks

Andrew

D

Deleted member 4366

The estimated number of charge cycles would be about 800 - 1000. That's full cycles. In practice, it's not a consideration. You'll wear out the bike before the battery unless you do 40 miles every day.

The back light is powered by AAA batteries. I'm not sure about the front.

john h

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 22, 2012
murthly castle estate
front light is powered by 3 aaa batteries, two modes flashing + steady. i have a sirocco cd great on hills and just getting around,shops,long daytrips a good all rounder.wife has a sirocco sport, really good value whoosh are a good company to deal with.:)

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
I'd estimate that my Sirocco CD is good for about 65 miles, pedalling most of the time. I haven't actually gone that far in a single trip but I did 30 miles yesterday and the battery indicator only once went down to half full, and that was on a long steep climb near the end. Why it recovered to show 3\4 full shortly afterwards, I don't know?

Oldie

Pedelecer
Mar 29, 2013
Scotland
I did a slightly longer trip the other day - 44.5 miles with 1800ft of ascent and the battery was showing half full although the indicator does fluctuate at times and I suspect that I had about 30% left. Fairly sure that my backside would give in before the battery did.

Edit: I should add that I normally ride at level 3/4 and simply twist the throttle if the hills get a bit steep. Instant full power :cool:

Last edited: