Yippee, gone and done it.

andy slow coach

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2012
Hampshire
So after several months reading info on this forum and researching on the net I've gone and got myself a Haibike RC29.

I contacted my local Haibike dealer last week after finding he had one in stock and went over for a test ride.

Wow, what a bike, great service and coffee, it was freezing outside but went out anyway and had a good test ride, back for another coffee and a chat.

Decided to sleep on it (get the OK from the better half;) ).

Did some more research over the weekend and contacted the dealer yesterday to see if I could pop over and have a chat after doing my first commute of the year, in fact the first time I've been on my bike for about a year!

So i turned up today, with my MTB to compare. I went out for a ride round Alton on my MTB, came back to the shop and went out on the same route on the RC29 to get a back2back comparison. That was the deal breaker. Decided to get it, and was able to take one away today. So yes he does have them in stock, but they are selling fast!

Many thanks to martin@e-bikeshop in Alton for all the time and advice he gave to me.

I now hope to commute more and in the long term sell one of our cars.

I will post a update once I've had a chance to put it through its paces.

Many thanks to all who have freely give their time and advice on this forum.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Very very well done!!Haibike was my main favourite but trekking model was not anywhere to be seem and only one I considered was possibly not right size..... next time will be likely to be on my very short list!

Glad you are very pleased with it and look forward to hearing how you get up hills especially!!

ENJOY!!

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Wissy have to agree they are nice bikes. For me what I really like about Bosch is there so much choice, almost too much choice :D

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
True!! I am just being reminded how local authority confirmed there is no limit to how many we can have.. But only one at a time I think ;).

from reading the forum very recently it seems the Bosch motor pedelec is very recent? Do they do 'kits' yet and why not? I do agree with ne of your posts about the Grace and they do a bosch but no trekking 'yet'? Look forward to developments over next two years! I am imagining times are a changing.

Anyhow..back to OP... Photos compulsory!!

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Grace bikes distributed by Wisper come with full rack and lights (two models). Link below
Grace Bikes by Wisper In the UK &ROI 2013

I know David from Wisper mentioned some new bikes will be coming for 2014.

Bosch do not do kits only sell to people who manufacture bikes.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Beautiful!

Now the bit about the hills? :)

You going to add / change anything?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
That is one seriously good looking bike andy.....congratulations.

Just in time for some nice spring weather too.

I bet you are just LOVING your signature now.....most impressive :cool:

Have fun, I'm really pleased for you :)

Lynda :)

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I have to say the pictures do not sometimes do electric bikes justice like Haibikes, Grace and KTM. Some of the Gepida look good but not seen them in the flesh!

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
I have to say the pictures do not sometimes do electric bikes justice like Haibikes, Grace and KTM. Some of the Gepida look good but not seen them in the flesh!
Mountain bikes don't look right unless you raise the seat to around handlebar height. Also some bikes just look too long. This is pure gut instinct generalisation of course but in matters aesthetic I am never wrong!:rolleyes:
These rules do not apply in the case of your bike Andy, which looks very nice indeed.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I fell in love with the look of a Gepida at Reaction Electric in Taunton about 3 years ago and loved riding it, but it was only around the local streets and after reading up about it I decided against it, I think the battery size was one point and also I found a few not so good reviews, although there is a lady on this forum who loves hers.

But I did like the style of it.

I love my Tonaro and am very happy with the range and hill climbing ability although I would prefer that the motor wasnt quite so prominent, so I knitted it a multi coloured cover and now feel happier about it :D
But I agree it is sometimes difficult to tell from a photo.

Lynda :)

Spinalot

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
I found the same thing, pictures only tell half a story. I went to the last two Cycle shows in Birmingham and tried so many. The Kalkhoff's were the ones that appealed to me the most, mainly because of my back problems and needing a very comfy sitting position. Brilliantly made and great spec for the price. But for design and build quality the Storck Radar's shine above all in my opinion.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Gepida now comes with Bosch system so yet another alternative for people. Always looking out for new brands so maybe one we consider in the future but at the moment happy with our range.

DW

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Andy....nice looking bike....to my knowledge Haibike are the only supplier to turn the Bosch motor upside down and fit it inside the triangle,this makes so much difference to the aesthetic appearance and also increases ground clearance.
I wanted to sell Haibike in the UK but they decided to sell the bikes through the Accel Group dealers(Raleigh).
KudosDave

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Very very well done!!Haibike was my main favourite but trekking model was not anywhere to be seem and only one I considered was possibly not right size..... next time will be likely to be on my very short list!

Glad you are very pleased with it and look forward to hearing how you get up hills especially!!

ENJOY!!
Wissy, Just for you -
Haibike

Any of these trekking models can be specially ordered for you..

*** Edit - Just seen your post regarding your new bike, have fun on the KTM! :)***

Regards
Martin

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Andy....nice looking bike....to my knowledge Haibike are the only supplier to turn the Bosch motor upside down and fit it inside the triangle,this makes so much difference to the aesthetic appearance and also increases ground clearance.
I wanted to sell Haibike in the UK but they decided to sell the bikes through the Accel Group dealers(Raleigh).
KudosDave
Hi Dave
Both Gepida and AVE have models where motor is situated in this way. Would have like to seen you distribute the bikes.

Storcker

Pedelecer
Nov 24, 2012
I found the same thing, pictures only tell half a story. I went to the last two Cycle shows in Birmingham and tried so many. The Kalkhoff's were the ones that appealed to me the most, mainly because of my back problems and needing a very comfy sitting position. Brilliantly made and great spec for the price. But for design and build quality the Storck Radar's shine above all in my opinion.
I only visited last years bike show at Birmingham but bought my Storck at the show. I also liked the Kalkhoff but chose the Storck for its more sporty riding position. The Haibike with its Bosch motor upside down compared to other bikes does look good. Has anyone tried the Storck fitted with the Bosch drive system, they had one on display at Birmingham NEC show but so far have not seen any reviews.

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
KudosDave
I know what you mean about the inverted motor looking aesthetically pleasing....this new XH-5 looks very nice....
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg