New owner questions - advice pls

cjd

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2013
Good evening everyone, I’ve recently bought a whisper Wayfarer M9 mid Drive with Adventure pack. My first ebike!

I have never had such a high spec bike before and had a couple of questions and wondered if anyone could help.

- the front hydraulic brake makes like a swoosh scrape sound when applied. Is that normal?

- the grips are quite painful and give little padding. Can anyone recommend some comfy grips please

- the front light is 6v and not that bright. Is this hard to change?

- I have an Apple Watch and also a Peloton account and use Strava to which is the best app to use to record my rights and also record heart rate et cetera. I don’t have a paid for Strava account just a free one.

I’m sure there will be more questions but thanks in advance. I’ve posted a couple of reviews on YouTube too.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
If it’s brand new, the brakes won’t have been bed in yet.

I bed mine in by doing 15 near stops on the front and then 15 on the back. Then let it cool down for 15 minutes and 5 near stops using both front and back brakes, then let it cool down again.

That deposits enough pad material on the discs to bed them in properly.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Craig, the grips are pretty standard, if you need padded grips there are loads on line or call support they will help you.

The lights again are standard ebike lights there are many high powered lights available on line or again our guys can help you.

Give support to help with brakes, they probably need bedding in

All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Once one has bed the brakes in and if they still scrape a little, then the callipers need centralising to the rotor (a simple job). Loosen the two M5 bolts that hold the calliper on, apply the brake lever and nip the M5 screws up. Let go of the brake lever and check for any scraping.