Brexit, for once some facts.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I posted the link to the government's statement at the time in May, but as usual you took no notice. However perhaps you'll take more notice of yourselfback on June 5th:

Wrong, just look at today's news. Greenwich very rightly advised their schools to switch to online only teaching this week due to their very serious local Covid situation which they know best.

But Boris Johnson and his idiots threaten then with legal action to keep their schools fully open.

Once again the facts showing that there is no one London as you and they think. You aren't just wrong, you are dangerous to life, the economy and social welfare.

Haven't the deaths Johnson and co. have caused been enough proof of how wrong they've been and still are?
I have often heard it said that London is not so much a city as a collection of different villages in very close proximity. ..and if that is what you are implying, I suspect you are right. One size rarely fits all.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I posted the link to the government's statement at the time in May, but as usual you took no notice

Wrong, just look at today's news. Greenwich very rightly advised their schools to switch to online only teaching this week due to their very serious local Covid situation which they know best.

But Boris Johnson and his idiots threaten then with legal action to keep their schools fully open.

Once again the facts showing that there is no one London as you and they think. You aren't just wrong, you are dangerous to life, the economy and social welfare.

Haven't the deaths Johnson and co. have caused been enough proof of how wrong they've been and still are?
I'm a danger to life :D:D:D:D Thank you, I think I'll take that as a compliment.

I think Johnson and Co sort of know what needs doing but are too cowardly to tell people in a direct and straightforward manner. Instead, the pussyfoot around hinting and suggesting. This results in the message appearing to be ambiguous, confusing and even optional. That's where the damage has been done. lack of clarity and leadership is their failing.

The above aside, I think you are wrong, very wrong in fact and without intervention things in your area of the country are going to get serious and the NHS will struggle to cope.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

But Boris Johnson and his idiots threaten them with legal action to keep their schools fully open.
I wonder what scientific advice the government followed in this case.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think Johnson and Co sort of know what needs doing
Thay clearly don't as the Greenwich example shows, treating London as one again.

The above aside, I think you are wrong, very wrong in fact and without intervention things in your area of the country are going to get serious and the NHS will struggle to cope.
You really don't pay attention. Haven't I just posted that Greenwich being tough is right and Johnson taking a soft line is wrong?

Of course intervention is sometimes needed, but the right intervention at the right time and in the right place. Not a blanket ruling, strict or slack for a disparate area of over 18% of the entire country, which is what London is.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have often heard it said that London is not so much a city as a collection of different villages in very close proximity. ..and if that is what you are implying, I suspect you are right. One size rarely fits all.
That of course while with some truth is a very long outdated saying, drastically extended by the following:

Personal transport.

The expansion and success of London's transport system.

The expansion of London making it recognised by the EU and the GLC as a super-city of over 13 millions and a multiple of its official area

The huge growth of out of town shopping centres, often well outside London's boundaries.

These have resulted in a very high proportion of Londoners like myself no longer living only in our little village within London as our forebears did but in a larger one consisting of our residential sector of London plus a large part of the adjacent Homes County or Counties which are merged. Like so many of my neighbours for example my routines of life are spent rarely from around five miles inside London's official boundary to commonly about the same distance beyond in Surrey and Kent.

Obviously blanket tier policies within official boundaries cannot work, we hardly know where many of the boundaries are when it's continuously built up.

Last edited:

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I see Cummings got a whopping pay rise:

Dominic Cummings received £40,000 pay rise while at No 10
Cabinet Office report reveals adviser’s pay went up from £95,000-£99,999 in 2019 to £140,000-£144,999 this year

Regardless what he did, why should he have such a large bump in pay.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Forget your haystacks and tiers
FORGET MY HAYSTACKS!!!!

Mr Danidl, who is my friend** says that Haystacks is one of my better analogies, so no, I can't forget them.

** Offer valid for one day only, expires at mid-night 15/12/2020, Ts & Cs Apply. Please make friends responsibly.

• :D
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020

But Boris Johnson and his idiots threaten them with legal action to keep their schools fully open.
That's actually Gavin Williamson and he doesn't count because he's mentally retarded. Some of the other people from his hostel are on Community Integration work placement schemes growing carrots, he got Education Secretary. So don't you go quoting Gavin Williamson at me please.

Reactions: Woosh

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
There is no comparison I'm afraid. If you take an island in the middle of nowhere with six people and a tortoise called Kevin living on it, Gavin Williamson could control Coronavirus.
Well we're an Island with a tortoise called Boris living on it. Point is though Barry NZ like one or two other places went for broke and pulled up the drawbridge, if you isolate yourself from every other sod you can't catch what they have.
The UK is only interested in going to the Gym & Wetherspoons and if it kills half the population tough, I need a drink and a workout. The Gov said it's ok to open schools because kids are unlikely to catch covid ignoring they can and do still carry the virus around, more so than adults. It was also said opening Uni's & Colleges wouldn't present a problem but I discovered one hall of residence where 50% of their inmates were positive for covid, so much for that idea then.
Every shopper visiting a Supermarket has to wear a mask, good I'm all for it. Why is it then that most of the staff don't wear them can't they spread it as well, seems not.
This country seems to do everything wrong, I suspect we'll have covid here 5 years from now.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
This country seems to do everything wrong, I suspect we'll have covid here 5 years from now.
I agree with most of that. Sadly I suspect that even if we do things right we would still have covid here in 5 years time.

• Agree
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's actually Gavin Williamson and he doesn't count because he's mentally retarded. Some of the other people from his hostel are on Community Integration work placement schemes growing carrots, he got Education Secretary. So don't you go quoting Gavin Williamson at me please.
No, it came from Boris Johnson, Williamson only repeated it once his boss said it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Cabinet Office report reveals adviser’s pay went up from £95,000-£99,999 in 2019 to £140,000-£144,999 this year

He had to have that rise, we can't have his adviser telling the PM what to say but earning so much less than him, can we?

Reactions: oyster

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
I see Cummings got a whopping pay rise:

Dominic Cummings received £40,000 pay rise while at No 10

Final salary pension scheme?

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mr Danidl, who is my friend** says that Haystacks is one of my better analogies, so no, I can't forget them.
Only a good analogy for those who want to get it all wrong about London and its surroundings.

Have you ever seen a wildfire or burning haystack and learnt how fast they burn?

We've been watching our future second Covid one that will eventually threaten us take almost a year to travel 40 miles and still not reach us fully yet in Croydon. This second one started in Ashford in Kent and has reached Bexleyheath in South East London and of course Greenwich on the Thames. Just one more borough to travel to be fully at our Croydon doorstep. But of course you wouldn't know anything about that with your lack of knowledge about the large area known as London and its components.

• Informative
Reactions: Barry Shittpeas

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Stand by for a reverse ferret on the Christmas rules :D

As usual, too late. People will have got the food in now, so it’s unlikely they will take any notice.
This a what I meant about Greenwich getting it right about shutting physical schooling but Johnson stupidly overruling them. It remains to be seen whether he'll back down on the school closures or prefer to kill a few more people. I'm betting the latter.

The way things are going it seems the local, regional and other lower ranking authorities are making the better Covid control decisions, more appropriate and at the right time.

Advertisers