Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
And I have never denied being the love child of QE2 and Genghis khan ..Mind you nobody ever accused me of that either. Vfr, if you are indeed a hunter for truth and not just Bidens, wait till there is this thing called evidence,and chain of custody, you know those boring things that adults use ...facts
Would it still have been known as Q4 at the time?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
It's gotten very salty in here lately.

We seem to have an infestation of the far right rearing their ugly conspiratard heads.
Don't worry, Old Wokie will soon open another bottle of his famous Vintage Whine.
It is noticeable that the concept of critical thinking entirely passes the left by.
Over the past 4 years there has been a steady anti Trump drone. The Mueller fiasco reputedly cost $40,000,000,
The Democrats will never engage Trump in political discourse because, he reduced unemployment, sorted out Saudi Arabi, Isis, NATO and faced down North Korea.
The Democrats know that they have no answer to this, so they whine, carp, sneer, scoff and invent things, never daring to venture into political discourse.
They have a policy of 'Shoot the messenger if you can't hit the message.'

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Don't worry, Old Wokie will soon open another bottle of his famous Vintage Whine.
It is noticeable that the concept of critical thinking entirely passes the left by.
Over the past 4 years there has been a steady anti Trump drone. The Mueller fiasco reputedly cost $40,000,000,
The Democrats will never engage Trump in political discourse because, he reduced unemployment, sorted out Saudi Arabi, Isis, NATO and faced down North Korea.
The Democrats know that they have no answer to this, so they whine, carp, sneer, scoff and invent things, never daring to venture into political discourse.
I might dispair for your sanity if I believed you were serious.
1. Saudi Arabia???.
2. ISIS was defeated by the Kurds
3. NATO.. what was done?
4. I will give him credit for at least engaging with North Korea ,it would have meant something had he done anything
5. He Reversed the progress with Cuba..so that balances #4.
But the really big one is .
300,000 deaths in the USA
And spiralling USA debt.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
"It is noticeable that the concept of critical thinking entirely passes the left by.?"
As against the right not engaging in rational thought at all, just following blindly where any jumped up con man cares to lead them.
Really they would do better to try thinking before they completely destroy humanity on this planet.
And a little less blaming other people for their own so obvious failings would be a good start.
Get rid of the dummy now the ventriloquist has exited stage left.:cool:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
So is London now in tier 3?
I don’t know. Does it make any difference? Tier 1, 2 or 3, people still behave like twats.

My area has been in Tier 3 since the end of the “Lockdown” (snigger), can’t say that life has changed much. We should carry on with it, hopefully the vaccine will be taking some affect from Easter onwards.

I don’t know anyone who thinks the 5 day virus spread-fest over Christmas is a good idea either. It only seems to be Boris Johnson who wants it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That is delusional.

The reduction of unemployment was at excessive cost to the economy and particularly the environment.

Saudi Arabia has been sorting itself out entirely due to at long last having a modernising leader in Mohammed bin Salman prepared to act against his own backward elements.

ISIS was defeated on by the Kurds on the ground and destroyed from the air by Russia's SU32 being infinitely more suitable to today's needs than the Allies cold war planes.

NATO continues to exist and act illegally at the USA's bequest instead of being disbanded as it should have been.

Trump gave the appalling North Korean president and government credibility and status in exchange for absolutely nothing.

And in addition to your list Trump's inherent enmity has seriously damaged relations with China, World trade, the international efforts at tackling climate change, scientific advancement and diplomatic trust.

Fortunately Biden intends to reverse Trumps harmful legacies.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So is London now in tier 3?
No.

Quite likely to be in the next couple of days, not that it will make any difference. We are still in a far better position that many other parts of Britain. Government policies on Covid here will only start to make sense when they realise that London isn't a cohesive whole but a number of communities that barely have any physical interaction.

I'm in London and psychologically are a part of it, but my physical interaction with most of London is merely visual through the windows of metal boxes passing through the other areas. I have far more physical interaction with adjacent Home Counties than with over 80% of London, and the same is true for most Londoners.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
All is not well in Brexitland
In the Express
"
Boris risks infuriating Brexiteers by sidestepping MPs vote - no power to reject sell-out
BORIS JOHNSON has refused to guarantee MPs a vote on any Brexit trade deal agreed with the EU.

It gets harder to see any logic, rhyme or reason behind current events.o_O

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and oyster

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
Same here
No.

Quite likely to be in the next couple of days, not that it will make any difference. We are still in far a better position that many other parts of Britain. Government policies on Covid here will only start to make sense when they realise that London isn't a cohesive whole but a number of communities that barely have any physical interaction.

I'm in London and psychologically are a part of it, but my physical interaction with most of London is merely visual through the windows of metal boxes passing through the other areas. I have far more physical interaction with adjacent Home Counties than with over 80% of London, and the same is true for most Londoners.
Same here flecc I don't think this tier thing means a hoot as nobody takes a blind bit of notice of it anyway, it just gives the impression the Gov has it all in hand.

There was a chap on tv a couple of weeks back discussing the approach to covid that all countries have taken.
He summed it up quite simply, he said if everyone (and he meant everybody) had worn a mask from day one the infection rate would have dropped by a certain percentage I can't remember what exactly. He then went on that if "everybody" had followed social distancing rules to the letter the rate would have dropped by more percentage points and so on. He summed up it all up by saying if we'd have had a full lockdown right from the start, impossible I know the virus would be extinct, not kept under control totally extinct. End of the day it only spreads from person to person through direct or indirect contact and that will never stop, the vaccine won't kill it only help you to survive a dose of it. There's a flu vaccine in existence but flu is still with us and so will covid be with us forever sadly.

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Looks like Coronavirus hasn’t taken any notice of London’s early hit back in March.

I think we can say Tier 2 means you will go into Tier 3. Tier 3 just about keeps a lid on things. What’s the lesson for people?

• Disagree
  • :D
Reactions: POLLY and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
New variant faster spreading Coronavirus. Great.
Covid19 follows a similar pattern compared to the 1918 flu: in the spring and summer of 1918, the disease mutated and seemed to become less virulent but spread much more quickly than in the autumn 1917. The virus mutated again over the winter of 1918 but this time, to a much more virulent form while spreading even more than the previous form.
The result: many more died in 1919. The virus died out when it run out of people to infect.
The BBC made a documentary about it a few months back.

The US CDC in Atlanta reconstructed the live virus of 1918 flu in 2005.

Last edited:

Barry Shittpeas

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 1, 2020
Covid19 follows a similar pattern: in the spring and summer of 1918, the disease seemed to become less virulent but by October, spread much more quickly than in the autumn 1917. The virus mutated again over the winter of 1918 but this time, to a much more virulent form while spreading even more than the previous form.
The result: many more died in 1919. The virus died out when it run out of people to infect.
The BBC made a documentary about it a few months back.
Hopefully, the new variant will be less deadly, which I believe is also a possibility as a virus mutates.

Reactions: POLLY

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looks like Coronavirus hasn’t taken any notice of London’s early hit back in March.

I think we can say Tier 2 means you will go into Tier 3. Tier 3 just about keeps a lid on things. What’s the lesson for people?
Nonsense, the tiers are making no difference, nobody is taking any notice of them and we are still benefitting from our early hit.

Where Covid-19 infection and death rates are concerned, there is no such place as London, maps don't suffer from viruses, read this post from above.

Some areas of London are suffering for obvious reasons as I've previously commented, but many areas like mine are not. And overall we are in a far better position than areas which had little early hit like the North and many parts of Wales.

Just widen your horizon and look at Germany. Highly praised at the outset for the way they handled Covid and the very low infection rate then, now they are paying the price for that with their all important Christmas destroyed by lockdown as infections hurtle skywards. The cost of avoiding the vulnerable not getting it first time round, it gets them in the end.

While in Italy, although they have travel restrictions this Christmas, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has reassured children that Babbo Natale (Father Christmas) will definitely be visiting as he is exempt from global travel restrictions.

Reactions: POLLY

Advertisers