1000+ Ezee miles

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Whilst out riding yesterday, I curiously pushed the total odo button on my Lidl computer, to see that I'd clocked up over a thousand miles since last November.:p Considering that, pre-EAPC, I was doing about 150-200 a year and I don't commute, that is amazing.
I have an Ezee front hub in a 700c wheel with 500wH rack battery and it's been faultless throughout. I know these are not the cheapest kits, but as a first time, I went for simplicity, reliability and durability, and it's paid off.

I use mostly level 2, or level1 when waiting for my girl, very occasionally level 3 if I'm knackered and close to home . I continue to be astounded at it's hill climbing ability and no longer look at map contours but just how long is the route I'm planning and can I make it. The battery's range, so far, outstrips the range of my bum. Yesterday, whilst out in Pembrey park, for the first time I put into assist level5 on the flat. From the whine I think it was still giving me some help at 19.5mph and I'm not sure it was finished there, but I ran out of road. The only slight concern is the rhythmic clicking I get on steep hills, a sort of TCHAKA-TCHAKA that comes in at about 7.5mph when on level2. When it happens I try to increase my speed by about 1mph and it goes off. Will happen at higher speed on higher settings but I tend not to use them. Don't think it's anything amiss though.
The battery has had 44 charges, carried out after each ride (20-30 miles) and only the first two conditioning charges were totals.
The control on these may not be the most subtle (it kicks in full on) but for me that's part of the enjoyment. On loose surfaces, like yesterdays hard sandy paths, that can be 'interesting', but I enjoy the joint balance/control skills it calls on.
Every one who has a go comes back with that huge e-bike grin. And I laugh at each 'bloody hell' as the power kicks in.
So this conversion has changed my life. 20-25 mile rides are regular things now, often in the evening after a days work. Has it improved my fitness? Dunno. Do I get to see some stunning landscape? You betcha. Has it resulted in an overall sense of well being. Without doubt. Do I recommend it to others? Ad Nauseum.

I now know more about the bike than I ever have and am still learning. I would love to do more conversions but can't justify them, and don't have the space. Also 'she who must' is starting to question the money being spent:rolleyes:.
There are many hills around here that would earn the title, 'Col D'burnyalegsoff', but my face going up them?:p
Nuffsaid.
Ben

C

Cyclezee

Hi Ben,

Good to hear that your eZee kit is working well for you;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Every one who has a go comes back with that huge e-bike grin. And I laugh at each 'bloody hell' as the power kicks in.
Riding eZee e-bikes for the last nine years, I know exactly what they and you mean Ben, every ride a fresh enjoyable experience.