17Ah (?) Wisper battery?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
A while back David mentioned there would be a even bigger capacity Wisper battery. available.

Any news on this?

Would be interested also to know approximate weight and dimensions (particularly height) as if I did get one there is a rear LED lamp on my seatpost and I'm not sure if there would be enough space for both...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It was 16 Ah and I think in the same case as the standard 14 Ah, though I'm sure David will confirm if true and give the price.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
New batteries

Hi Guys

We have now finished extensive testing and the new 36V 15.4Ah battery will be in stock for upgrades by the end of Feb next year and as a choice all new bikes in the 2011 models. Needless to say it is a little more expensive than the 14A model. As a matter if interest we are dropping our smaller 8Ah on favour of a new 9Ah (8.8Ah) model and may be introducing an 11Ah in the smaller battery box.

After testing the new Panasonic 20.4Ah battery we have decided not to use these particular cells as output was just not up to the power we required for the new Dapush motors when under full load through the 16.5A controller.

All the best

David

Last edited: