2 New Juicy Bikes

TonyReisman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 10, 2010
Hi Bob
Could I arrange to see both 2010 and 2011 Sport models side by side, and take both for a test ride sometime this week? I'll be coming up from London and can not specify an exact time, so some flexibility would be appreciated!
Tony

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
No problem Tony. It will be a pleasure.

Chief eZee Power

Pedelecer
Feb 8, 2007
Shanghai
Shameful clones

Just had a look at your website and had a pleasant surprise.
I already own one of the sports models your advertising.
From your pic's the only difference's I can see are, mine's all black, has threadless zoom suspension forks, came with rack fitted and off road tyre's. I added Sks full mudguards and have marathon plus's to fit when I get round to it.I notice you haven't mentioned the Suzhou Bafang motor in the specs?
I think you'll do well with them. It was the unusual frame design that got my interest.
Nice to see more coming into the UK.
Good luck with your venture.

Tony.
Really, I have called that supplier of Juicy bike in Yong Kang China of his shameless clone and even taking the photo of our eZee Cadence when he started directly from our website and paste on to his. We have the eZee Cadence for that " Unusual frame design" since 2004.

Please do something more original than copying and cloning others' design.

Thanks.

Chief eZee Operator.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Wai Won Ching:

I appreciate your concerns, but there are questions that you may like to answer:

If the 'cruiser' frame is your own design, do you own copyright to it?.

Do Ezee manufacture the frames 'in-house' or is this design being copied by another frame manufacturer?.

I fully understand your sentiments regarding 'cloning', but in this case the 'clone' is perhaps more acceptable to British riders tastes than the original Ezee Cadence. Personally, I believe the frame looks better with single crown forks and there is also a preference in Britain for rear motored machines. Likewise with the straight handlebars.

If this frame is of your own design, then I will of course thank you for producing such a strikingly attractive machine. But my preference is for the Juicy version.

Kindest regards
Bob

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
We have the eZee Cadence for that " Unusual frame design" since 2004.
You may be interested in details of some important changes to the design that our new Sports now have. We would be quite willing to share these features with you, in particular the battery mounting and improved head.

We are shamelessly still using round wheels! I wonder if their original designer will be flattered?

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Bob Wales:

I've just had a look at the latest sport model, and yes, it does look much better with the threadless headset. The original headstock looked a bit 'weedy'. Although strong enough in use, it didn't quite fit in with the rugged good looks of the machine. The new headstock is a great improvement.

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
<irony>Man from China complains about product cloning</irony>

:rolleyes:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
<irony>Man from China complains about product cloning</irony>

:rolleyes:
Looks that way, but despite the Chief's name, Wai Won Ching, he isn't from China.

Any more than my Italian name means I'm Italian. :)

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oops, well in that case, apologies to the Chief. Thought my assumption was on safe ground, given that he's also in Shanghai...

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Btw, I was stopped by a chap today in Birmingham city centre who appeared to be very knowledgeable about e-bikes, though he didn't have one of his own. He appeared most impressed with the Juicy Sport, so Bob you might have another enquiry via your website :)

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Btw, I was stopped by a chap today in Birmingham city centre who appeared to be very knowledgeable about e-bikes, though he didn't have one of his own. He appeared most impressed with the Juicy Sport, so Bob you might have another enquiry via your website :)
Hee Hee... Thanks Jon

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Jaycat, I thought you were looking for a step-thru? (Like our Classic, which is available with a throttle by the way...). The curve of the Sport's top-tubes does make it a little easier to mount, but not nearly as easy as our Classic or 20" Urban folder.
Wish we had a stockist near you!

jaycat

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2010
My heart wants a mountain bike :rolleyes: why on earth dosn't anyone make a female MTB :confused: I've always ridden one, for 40 odd years!!

I prefer the riding position than being bolt upright, and yours looked slightly lower than other MTBs. But I really need to try one and feel how high I have to lift my knees, and at what angle.

B**** knees :mad: (rant over :eek: )

TonyReisman

Aug 10, 2010
Bob. Do you still have many of the 2010 Sports available? I think the 10Ah will be fine for us, but if we could also have some 14Ah batteries as spares then we mayhave a good solution Tony

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
We do, Tony. Currently £714 for singles

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Ha! Fair point... never wanted to be grounds for a divorce so, same price (discount for bulk)

ngoodson

Oct 28, 2010
2 New Juicy Bike Sports.

First is the 14AH Version of our existing Sport Hybrid, increasing the expected average-person range to well over 40 miles. Remaining spec is as the throttle assist Sport: 36V 250W brushless Motor and numerous other important bits. Priced £ 859

Second is a general upgrade for next year, here early. We’ve decided to call it “Sport 2011” and save money on marketing!
The Big change is the 10AH battery, now standard accross the range, and which required a frame design tweak. Price £ 739

Battery options for all our bikes are on their way too.

Both bikes retain the Juicy Bike philosophy: Style with excellent value. Nothing too complicated, easy to maintain, distinctive design, proven technology, built to last.

Both new bikes will be available from September and as always, demonstration bikes will be lent-out freely from our Buxton shop. Do come and have a try!

Further details on our website
Hi Bob, do you know anything about these 350 Watt Juicy Bike Sports on eBay, I think you're the Juicy Bike guy? The link is:
GENTS ELECTRIC BIKE on eBay (end time 19-Nov-10 11:12:27 GMT)
Best Regards
Nick

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Nick
These are not Juicy Bikes! If you look closely at the pictures you can see that several different bikes have been used to illustrate the advert, which was last updated at 2.00am on 7th November...

There is no connection whatsoever with my company and I can not comment on these bikes.

I would suggest you check carefully the detailed feedback for any seller of any e-bike on ebay. Have you noticed that Eco Republic are selling some ex-demo legitimate Sports on ebay at the moment? See here...

There are many reputable and established brands of electric bike that are available with full service, warranties and excellent aftercare and back-up. Have a look at the BEBA website and our own to find out the level of service you should expect when you part with substantial sums!

You'll get plenty of help and advice on these forums and I hope that others will also comment on the sort of risk you take buying from new sellers on ebay. I know that sometimes you can find brilliant bargains on ebay, but that can never be gauranteed!

Good luck Nick and you can always ask anything you like about the real Juicy Bike which is now available to try in Preston and Bristol, as well as from our shop in Buxton.

Best regards