Help! 20 inch wheel weight

Monkey Tennis

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 22, 2019
Lancashire
He's a scrap man, so God only knows,I'm new to all this, I'm not up for buying stolen goods it's just cheap I thought, is it a big hassle if it's cut? I didn't even notice that,I literally know not much at all yet about making one

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's very short to try and connect 3 wires let alone 8 or 9 if sensored.
For £15 it's worth a try, the tyre and and spoked rim are about 40- 50 quid to buy. Although tricky you should be able to rewire with a new motor cable if you have the patience, the worse part is feeding the cable through the hollow axle . A good lube with spread from the fridge will make the cable and inner axle slot super slippy for it to be pulled through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monkey Tennis

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I think you've got just enough to splice on a motor cable. You need to add on the cost of the cable and some shrink sleeve of different sizes. is it a front or a rear motor?

Shipping weight will be around 5 - 6 kg with the packaging.

Reactions: Monkey Tennis

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I've cut several motor cables and spliced them to use round 9 pin connectors. THere will be three heavy phase wires for sure, and possibly 5 or 6 thin wires. The latter are easy to butt splice. The heavy wires can get unwieldy. Some people lay then side by side, and wrap thin wire around the joint. That's hard, and I often thought .. if only I had a copper tube for a solder form.

Then I found them inside your crimp connectors. I wouldn't use a crimp, but the little tube inside makes for an excellent form. Push both wires in, fill with solder, and cover with shrink wrap.

truck-2.jpg

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's a great tip Harry .