2013 Bosch Motored E-bikes

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Does any uk stockist stock traditional mountain bike appearance e-bikes/pedelecs with the latest Bosch Motor.
I have looked and looked. It would be appreciated if any people with knowledge on the matter could please post the uk stockist if there are any and you are 100% sure. Getting a bit frustrated. It came to me that i cant be the only one looking and indeed several heads looking are better than one.
Your knowledge is appreciated. Thanks all........
Found the below but they arent available until april 2013. Normally bikes are out well before the intended year at the very least i thought to spark interest.
http://www.freeflowbikes.com/Electric/Complete-Bikes/KTM/KTM-Macina-Cross-300-2013/

2013 year E-bikes
----------------------
E-motion. In Swindon
Onbike. in Kidderminster

Ps Hull in East Yorkshire/N.Humberside is where i live so any stockists nearby appreciated.

Last edited:

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
ON-BIKE at Kidderminster

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Thanks SRS. I am going to do a list so hopefully i can send out several emails and do things in a day other than migrating from one place to another.... So will edit the first post.

Thanks Gordonal..id have liked your post too if this forum software would let me ;)

Last edited:

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Am sure some new 2013 KTMs reaching Electric bike folding bike this week or next unless I am mistaken.. One of which could be mine if I ever make my mind up! dDave there has been very helpful, patient and replies to emails very fast!

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
What about Haibikes or AVEs?

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Good idea, yup would be fine as would ANY such mountain bike type wrt thread title. 100% sure on stockists please with them in stock.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Raleigh's stock of Haibike 2012 pedelec mtb's were available 31 January for dealers in Uk to buy!

Check with Dave for details on availability of AVEs.. He'll probably link you catalogue as well as provide dates for you....

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The problem is that these bikes are expensive and only sell in relatively small quantities so an individual dealer is reluctant to put the bikes in stock,often the importer is also reluctant to stock bikes especially when a range of styles and sizes exist.
Lets imagine a potential customer going to his nearest dealer 50 miles away.
customer....'interested in XYZ bike'
dealer........'yes sir,lovely bike we don't have one in stock,but we have a similar one,come down'
customer....'will I be able to have a test ride'
dealer........'of course,come down'

customer....'I rang up about XYZ bike'
dealer........'remember you well,we have ABC bike here for you to try'
customer....'but that is nothing like XYZ bike,I took the afternoon off especially to test ride XYZ'
dealer........'try this one for size,then we will get XYZ down for you,if you leave a 10% non returnable deposit'
customer....'but what happens if I don't like it'
dealer........'oh you will sir,it a lovely bike'

dealer.......'have you got an XYZ bike in stock
importer....'nope,can get one in from Germany for you'
dealer.......'what happens if the guy doesn't like it'
importer....'we will take it back but make sure you get a big deposit off him'

dealer.......'sir,good news I can get XYZ bike from Germany,you will love it,be over in 10 days
customer...'please let me know when I can test ride'
dealer.......'sure'

customer...'that is a lovely bike,can I test ride now'
dealer.......'yeh,but only round the car park,careful not to scratch it'
customer...'sorry I don't like it'
dealer.......'thats a real problem,we cannot return it to the importer and your size is not a popular one'
customer...'thats not my problem'
dealer.......'yes it is,sorry I am going to keep your deposit'

And unfortunately that is a very common story amongst the ebike industry and quite frankly I dont have a solution to this problem. What is needed are some super dealers who have a good range of different sizes/marques/types in stock-maybe that dealer is set up by the industry itself with stock only for demonstration,really a permanent exhibition centre but the market is just too small for that to be practical at present.
Dave
Kudoscycles

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
I have been offered refundable deposits by at least two ebike retailers...... :)

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
And unfortunately that is a very common story amongst the ebike industry and quite frankly I dont have a solution to this problem.
Dave
Kudoscycles
Most definitely a ******.

A real shame, just got to get over the first few hurdles. Obviously easier said than done.
I truly believe that a reasonably large and untapped marked does exist.

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
"And unfortunately that is a very common story amongst the ebike industry and quite frankly I dont have a solution to this problem. What is needed are some super dealers who have a good range of different sizes/marques/types in stock-maybe that dealer is set up by the industry itself with stock only for demonstration,really a permanent exhibition centre but the market is just too small for that to be practical at present."

Respect Dave but with respect Dave, no one in Britain knows that ebikes exist. Check out utube, these ebike riding downhill rednecks are all talking German and all the fun is happening on mountain peaks and Alpine glens, not the Fulham to Redbridge bypass(wherever they are)!!!

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hech....you are absolutely right....some of us are trying to spread the word but we are all small companies and its an uphill struggle (excuse the pun!). We have a project due for imminent release which may be attractive to pedelec members and overcome some of these problems but I need to update my website before I can release the scheme.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
thanks for all the suggestions folks, its appreciated especially wissy as i missed adding your suggestion. lol i didnt think hunting out an ebike could be such a headache....ive had a week or so to get my head back in order. (felt like i was going in circles lol)

@electrifying cycles if your read this, do you now have the 2013 ktm ebikes in stock??

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hanslowmo,

Just to point out, the 2013 KTM still feature the old 'under frame' style of Bosch motor.
This doesn't just look odd it's very vulnerable to knocks and being damaged under the frame there.
Check out the 2013 haibikes on my site look at the pictures of how the motors mounted, you will see what I mean straight away..

Also when comparing, take away the electronics and compare the base bike spec of the mountain bike components, then compare back to price I think you'll be surprised what the 2013 haibikes have to offer..

Regards
Martin

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
At £2750 it should tick all the boxes,is it worth £2000 more than an average priced bottle battery bike on ebay though,or better than the forthcoming kudos range,it really is a high premium price and i would like to know what you get,in terms of extra power or build quality to justify the price.