2013 Bosch Motored E-bikes

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Wissy that would spoil the suprise, and prevent you from having the honour of doing this :p

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
lol not necessary, all i requested was a few photos of the new bosch display and remote finger device on the cross so i could see how it looks on a maker of ebike that at that time i am interested in as i cannot make it to cromer and photos are better than nothing..you see the internet is great for shopping for what you know about and then purchasing as its cheaper than the high street. when items arent that common as in down the high street, you have to rely on photographs and user reviews when internet shopping. when items have perks and advantages to them, they become a selling point, something which helps sell the bike..ktm bike looks interesting, new bosch looks interesting, hmm wonder what they look like together, but i allready said that..all i am is a customer about to put his hand in his pocket.

@electrifying cycles you never said, will you be getting the ebike (KTM Machina Race 26inch wheel with 48 frame) ANYWAY or will it need ordering in specially?

Last edited:

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
lol not necessary, all i requested was a few photos of the new bosch display and remote finger device on the cross so i could see how it looks on a maker of ebike that at that time i am interested in as i cannot make it to cromer and photos are better than nothing..you see the internet is great for shopping for what you know about and then purchasing as its cheaper than the high street. when items arent that common as in down the high street, you have to rely on photographs and user reviews when internet shopping.
Hi Hanslowmo,

If you require any more detailed photos please just ask I have the bikes here to hand. I can take any photos you want. As for customer reviews. Talk to AndlySlowCoach on here he has just recently purchased a 2013 Bosch powered bike and is in a similar situation to yourself, he may be able to help as his research took many months to get it right..

Regards
Martin

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
lol not necessary, all i requested was a few photos of the new bosch display and remote finger device on the cross so i could see how it looks on a maker of ebike that at that time i am interested in as i cannot make it to cromer and photos are better than nothing..you see the internet is great for shopping for what you know about and then purchasing as its cheaper than the high street. when items arent that common as in down the high street, you have to rely on photographs and user reviews when internet shopping. when items have perks and advantages to them, they become a selling point, something which helps sell the bike..ktm bike looks interesting, new bosch looks interesting, hmm wonder what they look like together, but i allready said that..all i am is a customer about to put his hand in his pocket.

@electrifying cycles you never said, will you be getting the ebike (KTM Machina Race 26inch wheel with 48 frame) ANYWAY or will it need ordering in specially?
My apologies. Yes we will be getting this bike in but not until mid April. There has been quite a bit of interest and 48cm frame size is covers quite a few different sizes. Let me know if there is any other question I can help with. Have you got sufficient photos, if not let me know happy to provide more.

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
cheers martin that is appreciated. situation i am in right now is that i am looking for a 2013 ebike, mountain or rough mountain bike appearance style with the new bosch system so it has the remote finger operation away from the main display. now lots of ebikes look interesting and first few replies i got, said not available until april..well ive now acccepted april so it should open up quite a few ebikes. im trying to stick with electrifying cycles because they were recommended by wissy in this thread. i did want the nuvinci with harmony option but looking at the velospeed site and their moustache bike, it is 300 pounds more expensive than a similar 9 speed bike with the Harmony being OPTIONAL on top of that. so a 2013 bike being advertised at a higher price but without its main perk. corr this ebike buying (and selling) world is very interesting.

@electrifyingcycles great stuff as regards getting it in. i dont understand that 3rd sentence though-can you elucidate/extrapolate pretty please? also ,yes please i would like a few photos, may i call them general photos of the bosch device on a cross seen from different angles . not after detailed photos, im after getting an idea of how it looks on the ebike not how it looks. many many thanks.

Last edited:

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
cheers martin that is appreciated. situation i am in right now is that i am looking for a 2013 ebike, mountain or rough mountain bike appearance style with the new bosch system so it has the remote finger operation away from the main display. now lots of ebikes look interesting and first few replies i got, said not available until april..well ive now acccepted april so it should open up quite a few ebikes. im trying to stick with electrifying cycles because they were recommended by wissy in this thread. i did want the nuvinci with harmony option but looking at the velospeed site and their moustache bike, it is 300 pounds more expensive than a similar 9 speed bike with the Harmony being OPTIONAL on top of that. so a 2013 bike being advertised at a higher price but without its main perk. corr this ebike buying (and selling) world is very interesting.

@electrifyingcycles great stuff as regards getting it in. i dont understand that 3rd sentence though-can you elucidate/extrapolate pretty please?
Thats brilliant, Internet reserach is great, but to get it right, it would really be worth setting aside a day trip and going and trying the bikes out. I would suggest going to electryfying cycles, myself and a few others and actually riding the bikes.

If you coming down my way let me know, I have a nice 10 mile'r locally through the woods and am happy to take you out for a ride, as long as you let me know in advance so I can plan my day for you.

Like I say I have them in stock (while they last!).
But if you had set yourself April then wait and do the rounds!

Riding the bikes is the key! You will then know for sure!

Regards

Martin

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
i kind of get where you are coming from. unfortunately ive allready spent a nice little bit of money on a train trip down to London area to try a few ebikes . i simply cannot afford to haemorrhage cash that will come about with my travelling all over the country without end result. also my apologies but the price is too expensive- i was looking at 2.5 tops. i made a mistake in that i should have really added onto my original bike thread where i gave my limit.

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Could not agree more Martin. What this industry needs is more people to get the word out about electric bikes. With the right marketing messages there is no reason why we can not hit Germany's figures in the future. Are there barriers, yes but not impossible to overcome. We have been increasingly seeing more commuters buying electric bikes as well as the traditional e bike buyer.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
i kind of get where you are coming from. unfortunately ive allready spent a nice little bit of money on a train trip down to London area to try a few ebikes . i simply cannot afford to haemorrhage cash that will come about with my travelling all over the country without end result.
Happy to send you KTM Race 26 bike and if you are not happy we will collect free of charge and refund cost (Within 7 days of purchase, simply keep box the bike was delivered in). Only other alternative is to visit us or someone else who has a wide range of bikes to try.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
i kind of get where you are coming from. unfortunately ive allready spent a nice little bit of money on a train trip down to London area to try a few ebikes . i simply cannot afford to haemorrhage cash that will come about with my travelling all over the country without end result.
Agreed Ecycles..

Hey, what's more expensive a train ticket down to London; or a regretful eBike purchase??

Just an idea, but why don't you take a trip down to Dave@Kudos Cycles event in London (Redbridge) in early April. This is a great place to ride a big selection of different eBikes from different manufacturers.

Its also in the perfect location; On a cycle test track! :)
You could manage it all in a day... Just a thought..

Regards
Martin

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Yes we will order one in, if only so I can have the enjoyment of test riding it. On any Bosch powered bike we are so confident that you will be happy that we will collect free of charge if you decide you are not happy (within 7 days).
just noticed you did say. my humble apologies and very kind of you not to mention the fact that you did say. funny thing is i could have sworn i checked before posting. oh well this kind of thing happens from big threads and posts from all directions. :)

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
No problem, sometimes it is easy to miss when threads get long without spending a lot of time looking through.

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
yup i agree. there were several other posts before i had logged back in and your reply was last one on that page. the first post on the page when i logged back in(the next page) quoted a previous post from me and there was a few after. add several people's 'assisting' posts, you've got jumbalia :) yup i missed it. it happens :)

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
Agreed Ecycles..

Hey, what's more expensive a train ticket down to London; or a regretful eBike purchase??

Just an idea, but why don't you take a trip down to Dave@Kudos Cycles event in London (Redbridge) in early April. This is a great place to ride a big selection of different eBikes from different manufacturers.

Its also in the perfect location; On a cycle test track! :)
You could manage it all in a day... Just a thought..

Regards
Martin
martin, another brilliant idea. its a cash thing though-dont mind spending it. do mind wasting it. will bikes be for sale there and able to be purchased (with credit card / cheque) then and there. if not, sure i could see the bikes but shucks its more expenditure without end result.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
martin, another brilliant idea. its a cash thing though-dont mind spending it. do mind wasting it. will bikes be for sale there and able to be purchased (with credit card / cheque) then and there. if not, sure i could see the bikes but shucks its more expenditure without end result.
It's mainly a 'try before you buy' event.
But hey, if you find your dream bike I'm sure and eBike supplier would take a card payment there and then..
It saves putting it back in the van :)
That way you'll know for sure how each bike functions. It's a 100 times better than looking at pictures.

Martin

Hanslowmo

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Yorkshire
My apologies. Yes we will be getting this bike in but not until mid April. There has been quite a bit of interest and 48cm frame size is covers quite a few different sizes. Let me know if there is any other question I can help with. Have you got sufficient photos, if not let me know happy to provide more.
wrt my#65 also, can you confirm what you meant 3rd sentence, i didnt understand and yes please more general photos of how it looks on a ktm macina cross from different angles but so you can see it and the bike (not close up on the bosch display)
post#68 n/a #69 n/a quotes another n/a post #72 n/a

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Just meant that 48cm frame is a good one for us to have in stock as it is suitable for a wide variety of people. Will post pictures of Macina Race asap.

Photos below
Macina Race 26.jpgMacina Race 26v2.jpg

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Have some other photos at the shop, will post any additional ones I have tomorrow morning.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hanslowmo.....KTM advised today that they will be sending down 2 test bikes for us to take to all the Kudos roadshows including the Manifold Trail....I think that is about 90mins drive from York.
Opportunity to compare with the Kudos Ibex Crank Drive bike.
KudosDave