2015 Kalkhoff Clearance - 20% Off Top Models

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We've gathered all our 2015 Kalkhoff Impulse 2.0 models together on one Clearance page on our website and there is up to 20% off models like the Agattu Premium and Impulse Ergo, both with NuVinci Harmony automatic transmission and 17Ah battery packs, as well as the superbly well-equipped, all-round Tasman range.

Stock levels are very much in single figures for all of these bikes now. All prices include VAT & delivery and they're all available to buy using our interest-free finance option. Pop into one of our showrooms (in Bristol, London, Loughborough and Shoreham-by-Sea) for a test ride and a chat to see which one is the bike for you.

We've also listed all our new 2016 bikes in one place - Kalkhoff's new Impulse Evo motor and integrated batteries power models like the Integrale and Include, and previous best-sellers like the Agattu and Sahel Compact return. See the 2016 Kalkhoff electric bike range

There's also more on the new Impulse Evo e-bike system here

Attachments

Last edited:

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
I see your point! Something to do with different prices for different sized models. But anyway, there's 20% off that model and others for few days

Electric Bikes | Clearance | Accessories | Interest Free Finance | Blog | Contact Us

20% OFF IN OUR BOXING DAY SALE

Our Boxing Day Sale has begun, with 20% off all bikes [URL='http://cycle.maillist-manage.com/click.zc?od=11287eca386726&repDgs=11fdffc899e049d&linkDgs=11fdffc899ddc87']listed here
when checking out with voucher code BOXING20. [/URL]

All prices include VAT & delivery and are based on the current website price.
Please note that this offer code is only valid for new orders placed by you or shared with close family and friends. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or applied to an existing order. Voucher code BOXING20 expires at midnight on 4th January, 2016.

You (or a friend or relative perhaps?) can claim this discount by applying the voucher code BOXING20 when checking out on our website.

Look out for the Order Summary box (shown left) to apply the code and see how much you will save. This code can be applied to an order for one or more bikes at a time.
The 20% discount applies to online orders for these bikes placed before 23:59:59 GMT on Monday 4th January, 2016.

News, Reviews and 2016 Catalogue

I have been thinking about getting an e-bike for a few years but cycling friends implied I would be going over to the dark side if I went electric, what a fool I was to wait. This bike is fantastic, when I am riding home from work, uphill into gale force winds I am feeling no pain. On the flat I don't need to use any of the 3 power modes, even uphill the Eco mode is usually more than enough. Delivery was fast and easy to assemble basically just attach the pedals, very comfortable sprung saddle and forks, no downside everything about it is a joy. Why did I wait? John Reilly, Tasman owner

The past year has been a memorable one for 50cycles with great new people joining the team in our showrooms and headquarters. It's also been a year of exciting new electric bicycle models, record sales and glowing reviews like John's.

Our 2016 Catalogue arrived in our showrooms in time for Christmas and it's also now available todownload as a PDF if you'd like to see what's in store for the new season.
This year we were able to deliver next season's bikes to early bird customers for the first time. So there are people already enjoying entirely new models from the 2016 Kalkhoff range or the latest version of established models like the Agattu and Pro Connect.

We would like to offer a 5% discount on all online orders for 2016 Kalkhoff and FOCUS e-bikes placed from now until 23:59:59 GMT on Friday 1st January 2016.
You or a friend or relative can claim this discount by applying the voucher code FF5 when checking out on our website.
This means, for example, a saving of £229.75 on the new Focus Thron Speed, £144.75 on the 2016 Include Premium and reduces the 2016 Agattu 8 Premium Belt from £2595 to £2465.25. All prices include VAT & delivery and are based on the current website price. FF5 cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, or applied to an existing order. Voucher code FF5 expires at midnight on 1st January, 2016.

Showroom News

Christmas & New Year Closure

Our showrooms & headquarters are now closed until 9:30 am on Saturday 2nd January. Our 0333 900 5050 receptionist number will take calls & there'll also be online chat support when staff are available. Online orders will be despatched in the week commencing Monday 4th January.

New: Bristol Electric Bike Owners Club Ride announced
For 2016 the Bristol showroom will be running a free electric bike ride for all abilities. This is not a 50cycles exclusive ride, and riders on any bike may join.

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Hi Tim,

I was looking to purchase one of these with an Impulse 2 motor but have been put off by all of the threads here of motor failures.

I understand you probably don't get time to come on here much but can you shed any light on this in terms of numbers sold and replacement motors?

There's one thread in particular where a customer bought two bikes and has had three replacement motors but is about to come to the end of his warranty period. He will now be faced with what would appear ongoing motor failure without a warranty.

What is the response from Kalkhoff?

Have there been any modifications to the impulse 2 motor?

Will you help those affected by these failures once the warranty has expired?

Many thanks.

Aftersales 50cycles UK

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 29, 2015
Dear Git-r,

Please see our response on the thread you mention.

I can assure you we offer the best service in the business and over 20000 customers on the roads now.

Here are just some of our most recent reviews of our premium models and many more for the other models.

http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/activity-e-bikes/agattu_premium_8g.html#custreview

Please note we do not usually respond on forums to any issue as we have our own after-sales process via our mainline 03339005050, Live Chat or the form on our website which creates a case number and is follow through until case closed. So far without fail.

Please note we are not open until 4th January 2016.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Aftersales Kalkhoff

Last edited:

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Dear Git-r,

Please see our response on the thread you mention.

I can assure you we offer the best service in the business and over 20000 customers on the roads now.

Here are just some of our most recent reviews of our premium models and many more for the other models.

http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/activity-e-bikes/agattu_premium_8g.html#custreview

Please note we do not usually respond on forums to any issue as we have our own after-sales process via our mainline 03339005050, Live Chat or the form on our website which creates a case number and is follow through until case closed. So far without fail.

Please note we are not open until 4th January 2016.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Aftersales Kalkhoff

Thanks for your reply.

It's stories like motors being replaced then the same problem happening again and again that put me off. It also suggests an inherant design fault . People here have mentioned a plastic gear that is the cause.

Out of the 150 motors that you've replaced could you indicate how many have been the impulse 2?

I was all set to buy one and would like to purchase during the festive sale but would need assurance that I wouldn't be entering into a cycle (no punn intended!) of return visits to your shop for a recurring problem as a number of other owners here have.

Do you acknowledge this problem or are you saying the Impulse 2 is no more likely to fail than any other motor?

Thanks and Happy New Year :)

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Could I also ask what the difference is between the impulse 2 and newer impulse evo is? Does the evo have the same plastic gear and have there been any motor replacements for this model?

Thanks

Aftersales 50cycles UK

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply.

It's stories like motors being replaced then the same problem happening again and again that put me off. It also suggests an inherant design fault . People here have mentioned a plastic gear that is the cause.

Out of the 150 motors that you've replaced could you indicate how many have been the impulse 2?

I was all set to buy one and would like to purchase during the festive sale but would need assurance that I wouldn't be entering into a cycle (no punn intended!) of return visits to your shop for a recurring problem as a number of other owners here have.

Do you acknowledge this problem or are you saying the Impulse 2 is no more likely to fail than any other motor?

Thanks and Happy New Year :)
Hi

The impulse 2.0 has been sold heavily for the last 3 season and is the number 1 motor system on the UK roads today with the best reputation. A 1% warranty claim I would say is acceptable in all production targets for any manufacturer.

Impulse Batteries now we have our new machine is way below that figure of 1% with amazing mileage and life span.

No other ebike on the market compares to what we have on offer at the moment.

Happy New Year

Kalkhoff Aftersales

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Kalkhoff make half their bikes with Bosch motors, half with Impulse motors. I think what members like to know is if the Impulse II is more or less reliable compared to the old Impulse and to the Bosch motors.

Reactions: JohnCade

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Hi

The impulse 2.0 has been sold heavily for the last 3 season and is the number 1 motor system on the UK roads today with the best reputation. A 1% warranty claim I would say is acceptable in all production targets for any manufacturer.

Impulse Batteries now we have our new machine is way below that figure of 1% with amazing mileage and life span.

No other ebike on the market compares to what we have on offer at the moment.

Happy New Year

Kalkhoff Aftersales
Thanks again :)

Of course if there have been lots of sales there will be more problems and we will hear of them more. I'm still reluctant to go ahead with the impulse 2 though because there are people here that have had their motor replaced only for the same problem to happen again.

I am however looking at the impulse evo, just finding it difficult to justify spending so much!

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond during your holiday, internet forums and traders don't mix well and I understand how difficult it must be for you to enter into discussions.

git-r

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2015
Kalkhoff make half their bikes with Bosch motors, half with Impulse motors. I think what members like to know is if the Impulse II is more or less reliable compared to the old Impulse and to the Bosch motors.
I think what Kalkhoff after sales is saying is that the majority of bikes they've sold recently have all been impulse 2's, so it's inevitable we hear of more problems with them simply because there are many more of them.

I've found a member here that has done good mileage without issue so they can't all be bad although as I said above I'd be reluctant to gamble 2k on one!

Nigel01

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2016
Today I took delivery of my new Tasman 8 with Impulse 2. I feel better knowing I have a two year warranty. Some of the rubbish I have bought in the past with no spares back up! (including a bent frame) So as long as 50 Cycles are good for their warranty I am going out to have fun!