2022 On One Scandal 29er with TSDZ2B conversion?

JumpCon

Just Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Hi everyone, first post here please be gentle...

I have already converted a Boardman CX Comp into a flat bar commuter using a TSDZ2, but I think that was a more standard setup (68mm BB, 135mm rear, square taper BB etc)

I have the bits to convert the Scandal, but I have some concerns. It is likely going to have boost spacing and it is 12 speed - are these pain points for a conversion?

I'm ok with a spanner, not ok with any grinding or cutting, so any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks!

pedalfettal

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2022
Tsdz2 comes with 48-tooth chain ring mounted to INSIDE of 110mm-bcd spider (outside of spider has chain guard).

If chain-line needs to be corrected (outboard) - the chain ring can be mounted to the OUTSIDE of spider..

You might need to buy a new 34T/36T/38T/40T 110bcd Narrow-Wide Chainrings to match - the assumed - SRAM GX Eagle cassette your Scandal might have (38t already?).

Tsdz2 comes with cranks with bow-legged Q-factor (distance between pedal spindles) - they may clear your boosted chain-stays (or mayn’t ).

if the second tsdz2 hasn't yet been aquired then maybe take the first (tsdz2) off the boardman one and do a trial-fit on the on-one one.

Picture of the finished article would be nice:)

JumpCon

Just Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Thanks for that, I can confirm the chainring has already been replaced to a 38T and it is mounted on the outer position on the spider.

I have decided to go 9 speed with a couple of spacers (I believe it is an HG freehub) which will move the chainline out further to match the chainline of the front ring, as well as being a tad more robust.

I can see all cables (inc dropper) route out from bottom of seat tube then up inside down tube, so I imagine they will get in the way.

Once sorted I will post photos, cheers

Last edited:

pedalfettal

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2022
If lucky - the under-bottom-bracket cable guide could be filed down to fit between the tsdz2 casing; or, feed short lengths of cable shroud through the gap and then feed the inner-cables through. Alternatively - by pass the bottom bracket completely and cable-tie to frame.

Reactions: JumpCon