250w bafang kit locked down?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The firmware is locked 12 amps you just have to live with it
Mine is now on my gravel bike and have just got on with pas only and no throttle
ps not sure if the open source will work as it is a bbs01

Reactions: marand

marand

Just Joined
Feb 28, 2024
What is the current limit of the controller? Maybe anything over 12amp might be too much for your particular configuration?
That’s possibly why it’s not changeable.
The firmware is locked 12 amps you just have to live with it
Mine is now on my gravel bike and have just got on with pas only and no throttle
thank you so much for your reply. I didn’t attach the throttle I’ll just get on with it as is. Maybe modify the pas levels to suit me.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
You can adjust the pas levels to your personal taste ,but the biggest and best is to adjust the keep current mine is set to 100%
Above all it needs the right gear to after a few tries settled for 42t front 11 rear not enough torque for a 52t front with 29er tyres

Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
ps not sure if the open source will work as it is a bbs01
It won't, luckily I've haven't read reports of 36V BBS01B controllers being locked. Before removing the throttle from my bike, I did consider mucking about with Penoff's config tool, written in Delphi, but attempting limiting the throttle to 6km/h wasn't worth buying the latest version of Delphi, and possibly a new BBS01B controller if it got bricked in the process. That being said, I've remembered I have spare controller, which I blackmailed from my BBS01b seller with threats of thousands of bad Amazon reviews because he'd lied to me during pre-sale enquiries about having "Multiple diagnostic facilities throughout Europe", and I'd had to pay to post my dead controller to China for a "free" replacement - it wasn't free! I had to post it for £20! :mad: While it was being "Tested" for weeks in China using some unknown and imaginary firmware "Diagnostic tool" and awaiting him sending a new one for "Free" under warranty :mad: , I bought another controller from Greenbikekit after you posted a link and recommendation - thanks again for that. It's still working great, and at the recently increased current limit of 18A. I'd increase the limit to 20A, but I need 2A for the lights soldered to the bike battery, and it's BMS is limited to 22A continuous. On the bright side maybe I've dodged a bullet, perhaps 20 X 36 = 720W would cause my 20" wheeled Dahon Helios frame to permanently fold and snap? No sign of that at 648W - not yet anyway, touch aluminium. Fortunately I don't need 720W, even with 52T... 540W and 52T was ok dragging a 90kg+ bicycle trailer up steep hills. If I were still young and foolish, I'd get a 56T or 58T chainwheel, as I'm sure there'd be enough torque on 20" wheels at 20A. Particularly now I've lost over 3.5 stones.

Last edited: