29er Cyclotricity Kit

Adampollitt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2013
A couple of years ago I broke both my elbows in a cycling accident after slipping on a oily road on a hybrid commuting to work. Once recovered (well thankfully) I got a 29er Merida on a cycle to work scheme and used it to commute. I wanted something bigger and more sturdy after the accident.
My scheme finished a few months ago so I decided to enter back into it again but got a kit in the scheme this time. The 29er was good for commuting but very draining. I thought it was a good way to combat that.

Not fully fitted yet as I still need to redo wiring, fit sensors, sort throttle and shifter clearance issues but have been using it for 2 weeks commuting and am well happy with it. Easily gets me to work and back and work again with heavy usage.
It's made cycling a realistic option for me, I'm a retail manager and work crazy shifts at crazy times and I know I wouldn't ride home at 3am after a 12 hour shift without it. I have been on here a while reading up on everything I would need to know and I just wanted to share my bike. As mentioned earlier I've still got some small jobs to do but up to now I'm really happy with it.
I'm open to any comments, questions or feedback anyone has.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

What sort of Cyclotricity kit is it? I didn't know that they did large motors.

You've installed your motor upside down. The cable should exit downwards otherwise water will go in.

Adampollitt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 13, 2013
Hi it's a 500w motor. Restrictedfor on route use of course. ;)
Thanks for the headsup on wheel. I had noticed after I installed. Got a slow puncture so when I sort that will sort the wire.