48v bbs01b 250 vs yosepower 700 rear hub 48v

Frank D

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2019
Bbs01b 250 48v on cube nature the yosepower on sirrus carbon, both using 30q battery.

On the road both run legal speed 15 mph with little effort, I am fit but asthmatic . Yosepower 25amp kt controller pulling 200w level 2 , the bbs has standard ldc no readout.

No problems with either bike combined mileage of nearly 6k and readily available parts for both, the bbs controller is straight swop to the 750w 48v version, not sure of the programme settings, the bike is fast and runs only a bit warmer than normal, and I have only ran it at 48v for 500 miles .

Off road performance on both is rapid around 28 mph plus , I would say the yosepower acceleration is stronger.

Which bike would I chose for a 40 miles run out ? The yosepower just.

Lavish

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Hi,

I have a bafang 250w mid drive, its 2 yrs old. I’ve been looking at 750w 48v controllers to ease my sensetive knees.

I’ve seen a swap over on youtube, do I need to change me c961 display as well?

Frank D

Pedelecer
Apr 16, 2019
Hi Lavish

The c961 works at 48v, I replaced the controller and the 1t4 cable for around 90 pounds.

The performance is outstanding for a motor stamped 250w legal,and the feedback from others is exellent.

Your motor at two years is marked B.

Ensure you purchase the newer of the two, the sellers give you photo comparison.

The video demonstrations tend to understate the time needed to complete the job , I would allow around two hours including a cup of coffee, but easy enough.

Good luck.

Lavish

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Thanks!

I do all my own bike servicing anyway so thats not a problem. I’ll probably fit a new gasket as well.