48V rear rack mounted battery for YosePower 48V rear hub

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
Hello everyone

It has been a while since I was on here back in 2019. On the excellent advice on here I ended up buying a Yose Power rear hub 350w 48v with a downtube battery. I ended up buying the 26" wheel version as that is what my donor bike was but unfortunately it has never really fitted. Fortunately my partner would like to get in on the act of E-bikes and as she is much smaller than me would be fine with 26" wheels. As a result I am thinking of donating my rear hub and installing a rear rack mounted battery on her bike. I would then keep my downtube battery for another kit.

I went over to Yosepower but I notice the only rear rack mounted battery in 48v is a whooping 20AH, a little too much for my partner I think. Does anyone know of any reputable suppliers of 48v rear rack mounted batteries that I could get my hands on? I did think that maybe I would tough it out and just get a completely new kit for my partner but I see Yosepower is now only shipping batteries and no wheels anymore due to brexit! So if anyone could help me out with a good supplier or brand to look out for of either (or both) a rear rack mounted 48v battery OR a 48v kit that would be most helpful.

Pleased to say my motor and battery are still going strong nearly two years later and I couldn't be more satisfied with it, shame we can no longer buy from Yosepower!

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
They have a UK outlet now. The controllers, LCD's and motors have changed since you bought your kit.
Hello again Wheelie Pete. Thanks for pointing that out, I will take a look.

Does the change in controllers mean that I cannot use my existing hub with their new batteries?

Curious how they seem to be offering 36V as standard whereas before 48V seemed to be their mainstay!

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hello again Wheelie Pete. Thanks for pointing that out, I will take a look.

Does the change in controllers mean that I cannot use my existing hub with their new batteries?

Curious how they seem to be offering 36V as standard whereas before 48V seemed to be their mainstay!
No, your hub will be fine with new controller and LCD. TBH, I don't think their new kits are as good as the old ones, I get the feeling they have downgraded a bit to keep prices keen, but there's not a lot of choice ATM. Alternative is to put a kit together from somewhere like Topbikekit in China who sell the KT controllers that Yose use to sell and decent AKM/Q motors.

Reactions: Klang180

Klang180

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
exeter
No, your hub will be fine with new controller and LCD. TBH, I don't think their new kits are as good as the old ones, I get the feeling they have downgraded a bit to keep prices keen, but there's not a lot of choice ATM. Alternative is to put a kit together from somewhere like Topbikekit in China who sell the KT controllers that Yose use to sell and decent AKM/Q motors.
Ah that is interesting. I got that impression too, seems they only want to sell 36v just so that they can sell for similar prices! I think my motor has been really reliable and good so wanted to buy another but it seems that maybe they've just gone too far towards the affordable scale. I will take a look at the Topbikekit people and the AKM/Q motors, which I remember people raving about when I was looking two years ago!

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)