48v to 52v battery

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Afraid not, adding cells in series only increases voltage, adding cells in parallel only increases Ah capacity

Each series stack of cells only has the capacity of one of its cells, but the accumulated voltage of all of them.

Each parallel group of cells only has the voltage of one of them but the accumulated capacity of all of them.

P.S. Crossed with AK's reply.
Cheers for the info flecc, that's cleared that up for Me. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Show us a pic of the case, 09 dolphin ultimately it is maxed out to accept the most cells it can hold and probably 4P only
What cells and layout is your current battery.

Most a dolphin can take is likely 56 cells so a 4p config, capacity wise you can only increase by 1ah though using better cells (probably).

Increase in ah is easy with a new build or new battery all you need is cells with higher mah or increase cells in parallel though the latter is dependant on the case size used. The more cells the heavier the battery.

48v 13s legal, 52v 14s not legal.

For more real world voltage and capacity you will need to use a larger whale/shark case.
Jimmy at BGA/Insat is your man for the job using GA or MJ1 cells 10a cells. For higher amp rated cells then 30Q or HG2.
Cheers again Nealh I will get in touch with Jimmy at BGA/Insat and post on here what becomes of this adventure. Thank you for your help.

CreativeSource

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2017
Poole Dorset
Hi guys
Well after 3 months of dithering, 3months of vast research, which by the way you guys on here have been instrumental, and played a major part in My quest for knowledge. And then 7 weeks of design thoughts swilling around My head, no exaggeration, I couldn't sleep at times!!

I finally ordered a 52v 28ah battery pack made up of LG MJ1 cells with 10amp discharge rate I believe from Unitpackpower, the only company I could find with a dedicated tough plastic triangle case. The bike is not quite finished yet, but is rideable, and indeed has done 50miles on this pack up to now while riding it to and from a good friend for help with the electrical side, looking terrible I might add with wires everywhere, and half a frame box half finished! I will post some photos of the build so far with a brief before and after photo of the 1st build 7 months ago.