50 CYCLES A WARNING no quibble guarentee

mick2444

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 5, 2015
hi, excuse my long first post. i bought a kalkoff endeavor xt10 £2500 a year ago this apriil. i live in a hilly part of the country all quiet lanes. six weeks ago i was out riding on a fully charged battery about 8 miles from home the meter showed half full it suddenly died on me and i had a long push home most of the way. i fully charged it and it used to show 84 miles on eco when charged.now it only showed 66. went out again the next day power dropped off again pushed it home. i sent the battery to 50 cycles they had it 2 weeks and said they had recalibrated it on a new device they have.they then sent it back to me by tnt couriers. its now 3 weeks since they sent it me and it was sent to the wrong address tnt have confirmed this mistake they sent it to a builders merchant. r. grittiths sighnd for it .now i have been patient phoning every few days and listening to excuses from matt who has just put the phone down on me. i know he has been trying to find this battery and yesterday when i said what happens if you dont find it the answer was maybe we can come to some arrangement what ever that means. the battery has 387 miles on it not used that much work commitments.i have kept to the manufactures battery maintenance schedule keeping 3 quarters charged when not in use. i googled tnt lost packages theres loads go missing never to be found,matt admitted they where losing a lot of their stuff and thinking of changing courioers. 50 cycles sent this battery 3 weeks ago lost it and have never offered a new battery just we are in contact with tnt blah blah. NO QUIBBLE GUARENTEE BOL-OKS i now have a 55 lbs paper weight, thanks 50 cycles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

Look on the brightside. That might be a bit of divine intervention. Maybe the batery was still faulty. Now you'll get a new one - eventually.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But assuming 50cycles put your correct address on the battery packaging, that looks like a TNT error. In that case they are at fault and your claim is against them, not 50cycles. It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the 50cycles warranty, just a courier mistake for which TNT will have to compensate you.

mick2444

Jun 5, 2015
i thought they might just replace the battery like you say it would probably still been faulty they must have a few batteries sent back for them to get a recalibrating machine and it took them 2 weeks to test mine. i wont hold my breath for a new battery just more its TNTS fault.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Michael, I've had both a receptionist and our after sales manager separately contact to me to inform me that you were highly verbally abusive to both of them this morning. The way you are behaving when speaking to our staff is bothering me, there's no call for it, especially when we're doing our best to get the battery to you. Spluttering rage and turning the air the bluest of blues is no way to get results when dealing with anyone in life. Please calm down.

It's not our fault TNT delivered to the wrong address, but you'll have your battery soon, no questions, all the same.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
hi, have no contract with tnt 50 cycles sent it back, its the way 50 cycles are dealing with it thats bothering me they should claim off tnt and give me a battery
i find a friendly note saying i informed Which Legal (icidentally a hugely helpful thing to belong to) who will assist me with furthe ractioon does absolute wonders. people, suddenly, out of the blue, realise that it has all been a terrible misunderstanding. I cant imagine they have a legal leg to stand on. I'm sure they'll have to replace it.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
But assuming 50cycles put your correct address on the battery packaging, that looks like a TNT error. In that case they are at fault and your claim is against them, not 50cycles. It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the 50cycles warranty, just a courier mistake for which TNT will have to compensate you.
Forgive me for being a little pedantic but the OP's position is that he needs to be recompensed by 50 cycles. The onus is on 50 cycles to claim for a battery from the courier company as a contract exists between those parties. The OP is not party to that contract.

Tom

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Agree with Tom. Mick has no claim against TNT. It is up to 50cycles to deal with TNT, they are the parties to the contract.

Having said that I sympathise with 50cycles. Unless they took out expensive extra insurance then generally the couriers will only reimburse them £10 per kilo. On that basis I really can't blame 50cycles for trying to find the missing item within TNT's network before they consider sending out a new battery.

mick2444

Jun 5, 2015
hi, tim the spluttering rage you talk about was a raised voice and me mentioning the pedelecs forum ,so glad you decided to take over the matter after 3 weeks hope this doesnt bother you too much tim, by the way calm down its only a 800 quid battery . i also know its tnts fault. thats not the issue its the customer service after my battery went missing

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Forgive me for being a little pedantic but the OP's position is that he needs to be recompensed by 50 cycles. The onus is on 50 cycles to claim for a battery from the courier company as a contract exists between those parties. The OP is not party to that contract.

Tom
I agree Tom, I worded my response badly, meaning the liability was TNT's but of course the claim has to be made through their customer, 50cycles.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Maybe, if a Pedelec member lives near the builders merchant that the OP refers to, they could pop in and have a friendly word with this R. Griffiths guy who signed for it.
It's probably just laying around their offices, and with the hustle and bustle of everyday business, nobody has actioned it.

I mean, what would a builder's merchant do with an ebike battery anyway o_O

mick2444

Jun 5, 2015
TNT picked it back up from the builders 2 weeks ago according to 50 cycles then it went missing again

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
Only uk courier I could find which dealt with one offs and was OK with lithium and allowed extra cover to be purchased,was interlink express (although it's possible I didn't read their terms properly). There may be others.

Unfortunately these couriers like to bury onerous terms in the small print.

mick2444

Jun 5, 2015
yes its unfortunate, but an hour after i posted about this on here dave from 50 cycles rang me and told me there would be a loan battery with me in the morning. while the battery hunt continues why didnt they do that 2 weeks ago i wonder ? i hope they send it with parcel force this time

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
yes its unfortunate, but an hour after i posted about this on here dave from 50 cycles rang me and told me there would be a loan battery with me in the morning. while the battery hunt continues why didnt they do that 2 weeks ago i wonder ? i hope they send it with parcel force this time
I'm not saying that this is the case with 50 Cycles, but proceed with caution before accepting this loan battery. Find out exactly what the loan battery is in terms of age, capacity, use etc. It may also be beneficial for you to agree on a time scale to rectify the situation and what the resolution will be if your original battery can't be found.

There is a danger here in accepting an old knacker of a battery on loan and the situation then draging on for an extended period of time. As time moves on the momentum is lost and, it then becomes easier to palm you off with the old loan battery as the replacement. I'm not saying this will happen, but I have seen and experienced it with other products. For both sides (you and 50C) the points above need establishing now.

If your battery can't be recovered, you should expect an identical specification, or better, battery of proven life / capacity remaining. Beware of accepting an old demonstrator battery that could have been hammered.

Reactions: Mrke and D C

mick2444

Jun 5, 2015
yes your right thanks for that, dave said it will be off a demonstrator bike with a couple of miles on it my last one used to charge to 84 miles on eco all the time till it went wrong 6 weeks ago . i will charge the loan battery tomorrow should tell me what condition its in mick

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
There has been a couple of grumbles on here about this company. This will not go unnoticed by anyone searching for info on ebikes.

Reactions: Scott clarke

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if tnt lost the battery then its up to the retailer to get compo for its loss nothing to do with the op.

a new batt should have been sent out not 1 off a demo bike??

use dpd next time lol