8 Fun conversion kit 36V 250

paulhipwood

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2012
Halesowen
Hello All

My bike has been going graet for 18 months, then started to have intermittent fault.

I use it as a pedelec and do not have a throttle.

I took the cover off the controller and could see when the motor was working there was an internal LED that was flashing.

So I purchased
Controller 36V 250 W
A 790 display
A new loom

These were fitted.
I hade to cut the motor plug off, as it had the Hall effect wires in a combined plug.
I understand that these 5 wres do not need to be connected (they were not present with the old controller)
I could not get the motor to run, tried all combinations of new and old parts.

then I realised that the pedelec sensor illuminating and flashing.
So I ordered on of these from the same supplier.

I can measure the battery voltage 41V.
But still casnnot get motor to turn.
I am sure the motor is not at fault as but its the only thing I have not changed.

Any suggestions on what I should check.

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
You have checked already I guess but is the magnetic ring close enough to the sensor ? Maybe it isn't picking ups signal ?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Also do you have a throttle ? Worth just plugging in and see if that works. All helps with the diagnosis !

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Odd that you have 790 panel. My 8fun kit came with an 800. When it broke and I tried a 790 it would not work as throttle not independent

Long way of saying above post can be ignored !

paulhipwood

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2012
Halesowen
You have checked already I guess but is the magnetic ring close enough to the sensor ? Maybe it isn't picking ups signal ?
I have got the sensor very close to the ring and am rotating it the correct way.

The flashing LED is mounted on the mother board, I think it is normal for it to flash.
The bike was working with this flashing.
The reason I bought a new controller was that the LED stopped flashing.

I have contacted 8 fun, they took a long time to respond.
I purchased the controller and parts from a dealer on Ebay, cannot contact him till Monday

D

Deleted member 4366

I could probably help you but I can't figure out what you're saying, or what you've got.
You said you got a new controller because the LED was flashing o the old one, then later you said it wasn't flashing.

Could you show us which controller you have? A link would help, but if you could give us a photo of all the connectors spread out whilst connected, it would also help. Use the method below.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/announcements-feedback-support/15268-does-forum-picture-upload-work.html

Could you give a bit more detail about cutting the connector off the motor?