A bit of advice about the Pro-Connect, please

TheDog6

Just Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Hello to all. I currently have an ebike, whose battery is Li 36 v * 10 Ah. I understand that the battery capacity is V*Ah, so its capacity is 360. With this ebike I can for example run 31 miles, including an ascent and descent of 2070 feet and finish it with 3 leds lightning from a total of 5 leds. Its weight is of 20,4 kg. plus 4,6 kg the battery for a total of 25 kg.
I have a second battery, since from time to time I have to run 63 flattered miles, in this case I drain completely one of them and the other, it depends of the wind, but normally with only one led switched off. The problem carrying two batteries is of course the weight.
I carry a total weight of 29,6 kg. for bike and batteries, 2 or 3 kg. for diverse stuff and myself, 75 kgs.
I like very much and in my zone there are much, to climb, I find the flat very boring, so yesterday I took my two batteries and tried to climb farer than before, something that I hadn't do yet with the two. But the weight was very hard, and so it's not very funny.
I've seen that the capacity battery of the Pro-Connect is 260, very inferior to my battery, but in the other hand are very very lighter, both bike and battery. For an idea of my fitting, I did the 2070 feet 31 miles stint average 12.5 mph, not very much, but I think I can improve some two or three mph. So, would be a good idea to replace my bike for the Pro-Connect? I am trying to do, with two batteries, of course, a travel of 41 miles forward and other 41 miles backward, including an ascent of 0 to 2900 feet forward and backward the same descent. Would it be able to do it? Thank you very much and excuse the length of the post.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think the range is marginal on that run. The Panasonic does what it does with it's limited capacity by the motor driving through the gears, so the climbing is ok but at lower speeds, though you'd make up a lot of time on the descent.

For the batteries to last the 2 x 41 miles, you'd put in at least as much work as you do at present, and I don't think it would be any faster and could be slower.