A certain member's posts - Genius

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As ever, one man's humour etc - - - - - - -

For me most were a bit, dare I say it, crass, and never raised a smile.

He seems to have disappeared now though.

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Who were dat den? :D
Pray tell :D There have been some funny posters but can't guess this one :confused:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Who were dat den? :D
Pray tell :D There have been some funny posters but can't guess this one :confused:
not a clue either....is it me? lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He's not been around for ten days now, but here's the last complete post as a sample:

On your handlebars you'll find 2 sticky-out things, probably silver in colour. These are commonly referred to as brake levers. Pull them in an emergency and you'll stop.

P.S. Strange how you youngsters didn't get the boy band clue but this septuagenarian who doesn't like today's pop music did. :D

Last edited:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Glad to see you're on the case as ever Flecc:)

Here are another few gems

On typo incidents

"Did he get bullied for spelling Angels wrong? Or were the Hells Angles a different group?"

on whether or not to use a mirror

"Just carry a small child on your rack behind you facing backwards. He can tell you when something is coming "

on using smart phone on a bike

"Here's a novel idea.......buy a map. And shouldn't you look at the road whilst cycling? Satnavs are evil. Satan himself invented them. "

On Bode's complex problem with his handlebars

"Bode after some research I believe I have found the solution to your problem. Simply paste this link into your browser.

YouTube - Flobots - Handlebars (YouTube - Flobots - Handlebars) "

On a query about what size of bike to order

"I am 7'2" and ride a horse......"

On a very wet torq

"I had the same probl;em with my torq, but just nip down halfords and get some fibreglass filler, 3 weeks later and you could make one of these bad boys. Aerodynamics are improved, plus fitting of an optional umbrella means your hair stays dry.
Attached Images noll speedster 1.jpg (21.0 KB, 35 views) "

Genius.. Come back SG .. the band need you..

bw
musicbooks

Last edited:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
He's not been around for ten days now, but here's the last complete post as a sample:

On your handlebars you'll find 2 sticky-out things, probably silver in colour. These are commonly referred to as brake levers. Pull them in an emergency and you'll stop.

P.S. Strange how you youngsters didn't get the boy band clue but this septuagenarian who doesn't like today's pop music did. :D
Ahh Flecc I still don't know who it is as didn't come across that post :confused:
No I haven't got the boy band clue? Not got a clue at all, lol
Mind you, thanks for calling me a youngster, haven't been called that for years!! :D
I must admit I did find that quite funny in a way, but I have got a bit of a daft sense of humour though myself young man ;)

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Ahh Flecc I still don't know who it is as didn't come across that post :confused:
No I haven't got the boy band clue? Not got a clue at all, lol
Mind you, thanks for calling me a youngster, haven't been called that for years!! :D
I must admit I did find that quite funny in a way, but I have got a bit of a daft sense of humour though myself young man ;)
hey Mandy,
I was typing when you posted. Check out my post before yours for more clues;)

bw
musicbooks

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Blimey....I'm bad but not that bad :) lol

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Yay!

Hey Musicbooks
Yep I got it after reading your post :D We must have been posting at the same time as just read it after having my late dins.

I actually responded back to him a couple of times as thought he was rather funny.
Am not really into boy band names, lol! but did recognise yours /his quotes.

Oi you Flecc young man, cheeky, the youngster did twig :D :p

He'll probably come back and post on this thread, yikes :eek:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Hey Musicbooks
Yep I got it after reading your post We must have been posting at the same time as just read it after having my late dins.

I actually responded back to him a couple of times as thought he was rather funny.
Am not really into boy band names, lol! but did recognise yours /his quotes.

Oi you Flecc young man, cheeky, the youngster did twig :D :p

He'll probably come back and post on this thread, yikes :eek:
Let's face it.. sometimes we are more than fair game:p

bw
musicbooks

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Musicbooks - have to admit his posts made me laugh too - even though he was taking the mick :D. I worry about my own sense of humour sometimes. Got the boyzone connection when he was posting (courtesy of google of course) though suspected at the time he was someone else who hadn't been posting for a while. Hope he wasn't.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Musicbooks - have to admit his posts made me laugh too - even though he was taking the mick :D. I worry about my own sense of humour sometimes. Got the boyzone connection when he was posting (courtesy of google of course) though suspected at the time he was someone else who hadn't been posting for a while. Hope he wasn't.
I did wonder that too, since there was a similarity in the posting.

Though I could see the humour, I'm also aware of how those asking a serious question could feel when receiving those sort of responses, which as Musicbooks said were rude as well. To that I'd add sarcastic too, which for me made many of the posts unfunny as a result.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I I'm also aware of how those asking a serious question could feel when receiving those sort of responses, which as Musicbooks said were rude as well. To that I'd add sarcastic too, which for me made many of the posts unfunny as a result.
Yup.......

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I did wonder that too, since there was a similarity in the posting.

Though I could see the humour, I'm also aware of how those asking a serious question could feel when receiving those sort of responses, which as Musicbooks said were rude as well. To that I'd add sarcastic too, which for me made many of the posts unfunny as a result.
:D Blue sky this morning, No rain. I'm off to work on my electric bike. If anyone sees me grinning maybe I'm thinking about some of those posts or maybe just enjoying the ride :)

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
:D Blue sky this morning, No rain. I'm off to work on my electric bike. If anyone sees me grinning maybe I'm thinking about some of those posts or maybe just enjoying the ride
Hi Barnowl

I kind of too found them funny and whilst I appreciate others concerns they were more or less stand alone comments and I didn't think they were directed at any particular person with malice. Sarcastic maybe but not malicious I think. Funny yes, but I guess my sense of humour is a little weird also :D
Well if you ride your bike grinning from ear to ear in this weather you may get some odd looks :D All I see is grimacing cyclists coming in the opposite direction on the paths. As for me, I hide behind a snood so no one would ever know :D
Happy biking
Mandy