A certain member's posts - Genius

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Hi Barnowl

I kind of too found them funny and whilst I appreciate others concerns they were more or less stand alone comments and I didn't think they were directed at any particular person with malice. Sarcastic maybe but not malicious I think. Funny yes, but I guess my sense of humour is a little weird also :D
Well if you ride your bike grinning from ear to ear in this weather you may get some odd looks :D All I see is grimacing cyclists coming in the opposite direction on the paths. As for me, I hide behind a snood so no one would ever know :D
Happy biking
Mandy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

terrible at cryptic clues..i still havent worked out who you talking about..:eek:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
I reckon you are kidding me :p :D
seriously no im not,however if the answer is in the back then i will work it out as i do on cryptic puzzles.....:rolleyes:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Keith

Look up members of boy band of yesteryear (Clue: maybe in "Boy's Own Paper").
Compare to list of forum members' names.
When identified, read posts in question.
Groan and ask "Was it worth it?"

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Keith

hank
bruce
terence
daniel
cliff
:(

well thats the first boy band done and dont seem no significant clues there... 987 to go then...:(

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
How do you hide behind a snood? It's a hair net, isn't it? Have you got it on backwards?
Hi Bode
You're havin a laff aren't you? :D
A snood is a tubular scarf/balaclava thingy which is generally made of fleece.
I pull it down over my head and have it covering the lower part of my face and neck so it acts like a scarf but won't fall off like an ordinary one.
You can even wear it as a sort of hat and scarf thingy but I don't go that far.:D
Hair net indeed! :p lol
Here is an example below for men or women :cool:

Bottle Green SNOOD Fleece Hat Ear Neck Warmer Ski Sport - eBay (item 180307340891 end time Dec-17-08 12:56:20 PST)

Regards

Mandy

Last edited:

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Keith

--------------------------------------------------------------------------if you think i have time to cross reference 1758 names with boybands of yesteryear you must think im a right sad bugger...im in the middle of knitting this lycra snood for mandy so cant spare a moment...:rolleyes:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------if you think i have time to cross reference 1758 names with boybands of yesteryear you must think im a right sad bugger...im in the middle of knitting this lycra snood for mandy so cant spare a moment...:rolleyes:
:D So your giving up already?! I had more faith in your ability Keith --- shame on you :D
Well just you make sure you leave plenty of holes in that there snood, you know--like a hair net :p

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007

hank
bruce
terence
daniel
cliff
:(

well thats the first boy band done and dont seem no significant clues there... 987 to go then...:(
Who are they?
Blimey I don't go that far back :D :D

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
Who are they?
Blimey I don't go that far back :D :D

im suprised one of the older members didnt tell you...the shadows...with cliff richard

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Hi Bode
You're havin a laff aren't you? :D
A snood is a tubular scarf/balaclava thingy which is generally made of fleece.
Hair net indeed! :p lol
Snood
–noun
1. the distinctive headband formerly worn by young unmarried women in Scotland and northern England.
2. a headband for the hair.
3. a netlike hat or part of a hat or fabric that holds or covers the back of a woman's hair.
4. the pendulous skin over the beak of a turkey.
–verb (used with object)
5. to bind or confine (the hair) with a snood.
Origin:
bef. 900; ME: fillet, ribbon; OE sno-d

It was in the clue: "Boys' Own Paper" = Boyzone!

Last edited:

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
Snood
–noun
1. the distinctive headband formerly worn by young unmarried women in Scotland and northern England.
2. a headband for the hair.
3. a netlike hat or part of a hat or fabric that holds or covers the back of a woman's hair.
4. the pendulous skin over the beak of a turkey.
–verb (used with object)
5. to bind or confine (the hair) with a snood.
Origin:
bef. 900; ME: fillet, ribbon; OE sno-d

Hi Bode

Ahh? :confused:

Snood : Designs on Scottish Cashmere Bonny Scotland lol

Snood : Designs on Scottish Cashmere Who's Webster? lol

Is that the old testament to the snood? When I put it in google it come's out with wooly things mainly, apart from Webster's and this one below which is a little worrying :eek:

Protec Direct | Lion+Haircare | Beard Snood | Disposable Workwear | Protective Workwear | Personal Protection PPE |

The above is a man's snood, dare any of you guys to wear that on your leccy bike :)

I guess it is how words change over the years and can mean different things eh? Mine is definitely a wooly/fleecy thing.

Agree and disagree all at the same time, well that's a change :p

[/QUOTE]

He wouldn't get it cos there is no "Z" lol (sorry Keith)

Regards
Mandy