A fault: me or the Wisper?

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Vikki (and anyone else of a radical frame of mind).

Have a look at these...

Day 6 Bicycles - Join The Comfort Bike Movement!
crankforward

Almost totally unavailable in the UK, more's the pity. 'Crank forward' bikes plus electric motors, now that would solve a lot of problems.

Feet firmly on the ground, a proper 'chair' to sit in, your feet pedalling FORWARDS rather than downwards. Plus pedelec! Could be my dream of heaven (alright, I don't get out much). And of course without the width disadvantages of trikes or recumbents.

A

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm afraid this sort of thing doesn't sell in the UK, which is why the beautifully designed and very clever Giant Revive and it's electric version, the Giant Revive Spirit (shown below) with the Panasonic unit failed and had to be withdrawn:

Among it's clever features the saddle was mounted on an angled slide channel so could adjust from youngster to tall adult, the handlebar stem could angle forward to give any desired reach and the handlebar stem could be slid in and out to give any desired height, all these on instant adjust levers, no faffing with spanners.

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK
Vikki (and anyone else of a radical frame of mind).

Have a look at these...

Day 6 Bicycles - Join The Comfort Bike Movement!
crankforward

Almost totally unavailable in the UK, more's the pity. 'Crank forward' bikes plus electric motors, now that would solve a lot of problems.

Feet firmly on the ground, a proper 'chair' to sit in, your feet pedalling FORWARDS rather than downwards. Plus pedelec! Could be my dream of heaven (alright, I don't get out much). And of course without the width disadvantages of trikes or recumbents.

A
Coming in at less than £1,500 the 360W version doesn't look too bad, Unfortunately it is illegal over here in the UK, and of course nobody on this forum would ever do anything illegal, would they.:)

Colin

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Wow! That's the one - the Giant Revive, that is. Crank forward and that type of saddle really is cycle innovation.

They WILL catch on, one way or another, although it might take a few more years.

A