A mountain climber of a bike !!

Hurricane

Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2010
Perthshire
I don't think it is a simple case of just getting it registered. It would probably have to be SVA tested like kit cars and imports do before they can go on the road.

They need a model report which I believe is a lengthy expensive process. Far simpler to just buy a moped.

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
My Powabyke shopper could do all that(with the right rider)! I once rode a Raleigh 3 speed bike up Snowdon. Don't be fooled by the hype.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looks like the Cyclone motor, if so not too clever in wet conditions. I think with the transmission stress, large high discharge battery etc, this could be at least as troublesome as any e-bike. You would need to go through SVA (type approval), not expensive but could be troublesome to meet with all the moped requirements, adequate brakes, stop light and lighting (headlamp dip?), mirror, mudguards, rear plate and licence holder etc.

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
not sure on this but you may find if you were to register it as a moped you might not be allowed to use it legally off road as it would no longer be classed as a bicycle.