A place where you can see lots of different bikes

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Hello everyone,

My travels this week have taken me to Copenhagen and Cambridge. I have seen so many bikes, but I only ever saw one electric one.

In Copenhagen there are many variations on bikes for carrying things - either children or cargo. Many of these are trikes - single wheel in front, single wheel in rear, front steering, rear steering, etc. Something else that's common for carrying children is a trailer.

My interest was mainly taken by the two wheelers, particularly this design. Plenty of space for batteries there.

I think with a stack of wet lead acid batteries, this could be a Presteigne winner.

Nick

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That last model is the 8-freight, made by designer Mike Burrows in Norfolk. Mike is internationally known and has worked as a consulting designer for Giant, the world's largest bicycle maker.

That particular bike is used by a display and presentations company, the projector etc are in the box and the screen in the tube alongside, adaptations specially produced by Mike.

Sadly Mike Burrows is anti e-bikes, possibly because they don't fit with his one sided wheel support designs which allow easy tube/tyre repair and change.