A place where you can try lots of differnet bikes

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
dunno if this happens for anyone else but clicking on that map initially shows it in the middle of the Indian Ocean centred around South / SE Asia.... maybe the settings have drifted...
That happened after adding Anthony's Wisper dealership, electricbikes.co in Whakatane, New Zealand. Seems Google takes a sort of balanced view of the start point.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks - I've bookmarked that link now. I've a feeling someone told me the Easy Rider shop in Shrewsbury had closed. I'll have a look next time I'm passing.

Alan
Thanks Alan, please let me know in due course if Easy Rider has closed and I'll update the map if necessary.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks - I've bookmarked that link now. I've a feeling someone told me the Easy Rider shop in Shrewsbury had closed. I'll have a look next time I'm passing.

Alan
Yep, went past it this evening and it has closed. :(

Such is life.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Django - I just looked at that link but it seems to be a map of individual owners -is there a separate map for dealers and repairers? If there's anyone that could attempt a repair at an Ezee Torq locally, I have a friend in Bishops Castle who has a dead one that she's very upset about.

Alan (not far from Shrewsbury)
Hi Alan,

Good to see Flecc sorted the first part for you.

Regarding the Torq repairs, Presteigne is under 20 miles from Bishops Castle. Closer to home, I took my Torq to Dave Mellor at the bottom of Port Hill Road in Shrewsbury. They did a good job at a good price. See the map for contact details.

alanterrill

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2006
Django,

I know David Mellors but thought they only did Giants. Was it a mechanical fix to your Torq or can they cope with electrical problems?

Alan

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Django,

I know David Mellors but thought they only did Giants. Was it a mechanical fix to your Torq or can they cope with electrical problems?

Alan
It was a mechanical fix (replace front wheel rim and spokes), but they weren't phased by the fact that it was electric. Worth a call perhaps.

Andy Grayland

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2008
Sorry about the website problem. We have not been able to find a fault so please let me know if anyone has problems with it.
We are able repair mechanical and electrical problems Alan and we carry spares for the Torq to. Kidderminster is about an hour from Shrewsbury if you wanted to visit. All electrical repairs are handled at our Kidderminster shop.
Regards
Andy OnBike

Shroppielass

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Shrewsbury
As a Shroppielass, also in Shrewsbury, I echo Django's comments that from a selfish perspective this is excellent news. I see you even have both the bikes that I’d like to try, the Ezee Sprint & Wisper 705. :)
It will be great to try out several bikes in one location. So far I've tried 4 bikes in 3 locations over several months and it doesn't make for easy comparison. I thought my best option was going to be to go to the Tour de Presteigne in May but now I won't have to wait that long.:)

JohnS

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 27, 2009
Hello
I am looking for a bike for commuting to work. I used to use my mountain bike but bad knees have forced me into my car. I am looking for a bike that is as good off road ( on canal path ) and on the road. I have several fairly steep hills to negotiate. Do you have any bikes at onbike that would be suitable for me?
John

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hello
I am looking for a bike for commuting to work. I used to use my mountain bike but bad knees have forced me into my car. I am looking for a bike that is as good off road ( on canal path ) and on the road. I have several fairly steep hills to negotiate. Do you have any bikes at onbike that would be suitable for me?
John
The Panasonic powered bikes are suitable for off road John, their mid mounted motor and battery better protected from shock than hub motor bikes.

I see that Onbike stock the Monark Eco and Gazelle Easy Glider with that unit which drives though the gears and are therefore very good hill climbers. The Monark is a three speed bike so not quite as good for the most severe hills as the Gazelle which has an 8 speed hub gear.

oldseal

Jan 21, 2009
Don't forget the Kalkhoffs have an 8 speed gear system, and a panasonic drive, and they're cheaper than the Gazelles. I have just got one and cannot stop riding it!

Andy Grayland

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2008
Most People tend to prefer 26" wheels on rough torraine. Which is why most MTB bikes are 26". You should try the Ezee Forza it is superb on country tracks. We have a customer who has bought a Monark which we fitted with Marathon plus ATB tyres. These are the off road vsrsion of the Marathon plus they have chunky tread and still have the puncture resistance. What ever you decide you should allways ride any bike before you buy whether electric or manual. Would you buy a car without trying it?

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

I bought a model car from ebay for £3.26 and i did not test it.
testing is not the best thing to do if you cannot get there i struggle to travel long distance bcoz i cannot afford it.

thx

Bob

alanterrill

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2006
Sorry about the website problem. We have not been able to find a fault so please let me know if anyone has problems with it.
We are able repair mechanical and electrical problems Alan and we carry spares for the Torq to. Kidderminster is about an hour from Shrewsbury if you wanted to visit. All electrical repairs are handled at our Kidderminster shop.
Regards
Andy OnBike
Andy,
Thanks for that info - I've phoned my friend who was very pleased to hear you might be able to help her. I'm sure you'll be seeing her soon.

Alan

JohnS

Feb 27, 2009
Thanks for the information Flecc and Andy. I will come and try one next week hopefully.
John