Abuse when wearing helmet cam

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
A couple of things:
Are you reading too much into the singing? I couldn't hear it but they didn't seem to be trying to cause you bother. Maybe they were just larking about with you hoping you'd join in.

As to the nearly falling off, everyone has done something similar. Your strength will build up the more you use your bike.

Stop fretting girl and just enjoy yourself. :)

Reactions: CorpusLuteum

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
Do you have a throttle-only option? They are very good for pulling away smoothly from a standstill before you start pedalling.
No I don't have a throttle option. I need to upgrade my cheap sports direct bicycle :( I can now feel the limitations.

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
A couple of things:
Are you reading too much into the singing? I couldn't hear it but they didn't seem to be trying to cause you bother. Maybe they were just larking about with you hoping you'd join in.

As to the nearly falling off, everyone has done something similar. Your strength will build up the more you use your bike.

Stop fretting girl and just enjoy yourself. :)

Hi thank you for replying :)

No it definitely felt like they were laughing AT me and not with me ;) Maybe you're right and I'm just being silly.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Hi, CL,
Glad to see you posting again.We missed you! Last I heard your bike was broken.Worried you'd given up! Glad you fixed it. I think you're some girl!
Best wishes, hoppy

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
Hi, CL,
Glad to see you posting again.We missed you! Last I heard your bike was broken.Worried you'd given up! Glad you fixed it. I think you're some girl!
Best wishes, hoppy
Thank you for your kind words as always :)

I have yet to fix the broken part but I've kind of found an easy way to slide the battery in and out without causing anymore damage. I don't think I'm ever going to give up ;)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
You have changed your avatar, is this the new you, after an abusive ride in the wind?

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
OK here's my 5 pence worth,
The first video showing the bloke in the women's car is nothing to worry about, you will never ever see them again and if he was singing perhaps he thought he was on X factor :)
Video number 2 had nothing to do with you, I would say that knob who pulled out in front of you was to blame, he looks like a typical "I don't give a flying f**k about anything" type of person and that shook you up especially with cars coming up behind you, it all can get too much.

If you got a spare 15 quid to spend give these a try http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-2012-New-HD720P-digital-hidden-mini-glass-camera-dvr-vedio-recorder-Camcorder/1685564932.html

Gotta be worth a punt at that price I know the quality will not be as good but 15 quid is throw away money.

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
The first video showing the bloke in the women's car is nothing to worry about, you will never ever see them again and if he was singing perhaps he thought he was on X factor :)
Video number 2 had nothing to do with you, I would say that knob who pulled out in front of you was to blame, he looks like a typical "I don't give a flying f**k about anything" type of person and that shook you up especially with cars coming up behind you, it all can get too much.

If you got a spare 15 quid to spend give these a try http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-2012-New-HD720P-digital-hidden-mini-glass-camera-dvr-vedio-recorder-Camcorder/1685564932.html

Gotta be worth a punt at that price I know the quality will not be as good but 15 quid is throw away money.
Thank you :) I do feel a lot better now after reading everyone's kind comments. Thank you for the link :)

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Hahaha yes it represents how I feel today ;) I've had an awful day in general.
Sorry to hear that.I like your posts and videos. Post some more when you can. We all enjoy hearing from you.Your bike is probably worth more than you paid for it now.Shopping tv had a whole hour selling it the other day at £500.Amazon much dearer still!

Last edited:

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
Sorryto hear that.Ilike your postsand videos. Post somemorewhenyou can. We all enjoyhearing from you.Your bike is probably worth morethan you paid f or it now.Shopping tv had a whole hour selling it the otherday at £500.Amazon muchdearer still!
Thank you hoppy <3 I do realise that I bought the bicycle at a bargain price, but seeing all the lovely e-bikes everyone else on here owns makes me feel out of place haha. Hopefully I'll reward myself with a better bicycle later this year when I complete my studies at college, before I embark on a nursing degree :)

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Thank you hoppy <3 I do realise that I bought the bicycle at a bargain price, but seeing all the lovely e-bikes everyone else on here owns makes me feel out of place haha. Hopefully I'll reward myself with a better bicycle later this year when I complete my studies at college, before I embark on a nursing degree :)
Nursing is a lovely occupation to go in for. Wish you all the best in it. I bet few nurses have even heard of ebikes. You can be the ebike apostle to nurses!

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Good to see you are still riding. I had a nice ride recently on my single speed, about 30-40 of us and weirdly we had nobody laugh at us or anything, also hardly anyone seemed to be driving between midnight and 3am.

And a little race some of us had.

Images are from others on the lfgss.

drsolly

Pedelecer
Jan 21, 2014

Or these, at 8 quid.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cameras-Photography-/625/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=video+glasses&_sop=15

Aushiker

Pedelecer
You could mount it on the handlebars and people wouldn't notice or would think it's a light,

Mine is mounted on my handlebars but before I got the GoPro Hero 3 I had a HD808 #16, now the Moibus which I had mounted on my helmet. I only ever got asked once if it was camera and more than once pointing out that they where being filmed and pointing to the camera calmed down the person driving the car: funny but that they thought that immediately driving off would solve everything.

stevieb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2014
my son uses a headcam when riding his motorcycle and as he,s a learner i,m glad he does.
he may get the odd strange comment but in general other road users are more wary of him because they know they are getting filmed.
i think it,s good if the camera is visable but i can understand if comments upset you.
thats sometimes the way people react when they realise they are being filmed.
if you want a laugh watch baron von grumble on you tube . he is a motorcyclist with a headcam that my son follows and he has some entertaining comments to other road users that give him abuse.
the language is a bit choice but funny none the less.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I bought a cheap (from china) gopro handlebar mount for about 5 quid or so and 5 months on no one has ever noticed it. In fact, when out riding with my son he remarked... How many sat nav's have you got on there? .... (gopro, garmin, bike console and thumb adjuster) I tried it on my helmet but didn't like the extra weight.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Looks like you are not that far from me. Looked like manchester , may be mistaken though